Rear Cargo side panel removal - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Rear Cargo side panel removal

Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955XHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 11-15-2013, 09:27 AM   #1
bwsooner6
Apprentice

2008 KK Liberty 

Rear Cargo side panel removal

I have tried searching this on this site and lost jeeps with no luck, can someone please tell me how to remove the rear side panels in the very back both drivers and passengers side?

At The Helm Roof Rack & Front Recovery System
bwsooner6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2013, 08:16 PM   #2
lfhoward
2008 KK Liberty 

A trim stick helps, but a big screwdriver works too. Pull down and carefully remove the plastic center trim just inside your tailgate on the ceiling. It is held up by several metal clips, and has plastic tabs on the left and right sides. (These metal clips are what you're dealing with holding most panels in the jeep in place.) Then, once the center trim piece is off, you can pull the side panels in, beginning at the top. The clips will disengage from the wall with a little tug, and you can get halfway down before you realize you have a screw to remove. You will need a torx bit, as I remember, to remove the screws attaching the black metal gear anchors that are just inside the gate opening to the interior wall. Once these are out, the rest of the panel pops off easily.
Unread 11-15-2013, 08:39 PM   #3
bwsooner6
Apprentice

2008 KK Liberty 

Thanks, I got the order you mentioned and the t20 screw but could never get it to release above the wheel area. Probably just needed to pry harder but I got nervouse, I'll try again tomorrow

"if it's on the internet, it must be true" ~ Abraham Lincoln
At The Helm Roof Rack & Front Recovery System
bwsooner6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.