Programing a non stock tire size - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Programing a non stock tire size

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!Flush Mount LED Bumper Lights, CREE

Unread 07-04-2013, 08:56 AM   #1
jrpomeroy2
2009 KK Liberty 

Programing a non stock tire size

I just put 245 75 R 16 on my 2009 Liberty and would like the speedometer and odometer to read correctly. This is size is about 3% bigger in circumference; the tire store did not have a programmer for Jeep and setup an appointment with the closest dealer. When the dealer went to reprogram it they said there where 10 different sizes that could be programmed and 245 75 R16 wasn't one of them nor were any of the available size close to its circumference. Anyone have suggestions or solutions?

jrpomeroy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2013, 09:04 AM   #2
Gageraid
2008 KK Liberty 

Hypertech programmer should be able to solve it.
Gageraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2013, 04:12 AM   #3
Ted15

2010 KK Liberty 

If the mechanic is worth a crap he'll be able to do it. My dealer did but the mechanic told me there was some math involved. When I regeared, the shop that did the work was able to program the speedo too.
2010 Liberty KK Sport, deep water blue, weathertech in channel vent visors, weathertech digital floor mats, Detoures backbone winch mount w/smittybilt XRC 10 comp winch, rigid industries dually led lights on smittybilt fairhead mount, Rocklizard skink supersliders and Gecko safari rack, cobra cb w/48" firestick antenna, general grabber at2 245/75-16, OME heavy duty springs, OME shocks, about 3" - 3 1/2" of lift, Detoures Knucklebone spare tire and Jerry can mount, mopar skids, class 3 hitch w/7 pin wire harness, headlight covers, 4.10's and Detroit TruTracs F&R
Ted15 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2013, 09:32 PM   #4
huntb
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gageraid View Post
Hypertech programmer should be able to solve it.
Hypertech did not work for me. After I set the new tire size and programmed I got a CEL and my ABS/ESP lights came on
huntb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2013, 07:34 AM   #5
Gageraid
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntb View Post
Hypertech did not work for me. After I set the new tire size and programmed I got a CEL and my ABS/ESP lights came on
How off was it? I know I've read that if you make the tire size so exact on the Hypertech, it won't read right and to select the next available size.

I still have stock tires.
Unread 07-07-2013, 08:45 AM   #6
huntb
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gageraid View Post
How off was it? I know I've read that if you make the tire size so exact on the Hypertech, it won't read right and to select the next available size.

I still have stock tires.
The tires are 30.05" and I selected 30" on the Hypertech
huntb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2013, 07:13 PM   #7
Gageraid
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
The tires are 30.05" and I selected 30" on the Hypertech
Have you tried calling them or contacting them on Facebook?
Unread 07-07-2013, 07:31 PM   #8
JSAN

I also have 30.5" Tires and tried to reprogram with Hypertech and gave me same results as the person above. I had Traction and ABS lights on. Changed it back to stock.

I think the difference is 4-5% overall if you're going 100km/h, Speedo will show 104km/h. It's barely noticeable at lower speeds.
JSAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2013, 06:44 AM   #9
Ted15

2010 KK Liberty 

Time for 4.10's ;-) err uh I mean 4Wheel Parts can reset it, they did mine when they put in the gears.
2010 Liberty KK Sport, deep water blue, weathertech in channel vent visors, weathertech digital floor mats, Detoures backbone winch mount w/smittybilt XRC 10 comp winch, rigid industries dually led lights on smittybilt fairhead mount, Rocklizard skink supersliders and Gecko safari rack, cobra cb w/48" firestick antenna, general grabber at2 245/75-16, OME heavy duty springs, OME shocks, about 3" - 3 1/2" of lift, Detoures Knucklebone spare tire and Jerry can mount, mopar skids, class 3 hitch w/7 pin wire harness, headlight covers, 4.10's and Detroit TruTracs F&R
Unread 07-08-2013, 09:31 AM   #10
MtBJet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted15
Time for 4.10's ;-) err uh I mean 4Wheel Parts can reset it, they did mine when they put in the gears.
Mind me asking for the list of what was needed for the install and the cost incurred?
MtBJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2013, 09:39 AM   #11
Ted15

2010 KK Liberty 

Roughly $2800. Detroit Trutracs, 4.10 ring and pinion, master rebuild kits front and rear. The labor was about $350 per axle and is included in the price listed. This will bring a 32" tire very close to stock performance. I plan to put on 31" tires so I should have a little giddy up left over. The thing runs great now. Time for the next step, hypertech :-)
Unread 07-08-2013, 09:49 AM   #12
shawnicles
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
I just did the programming last night and my ESP light just stays on and also the light in the middle for the stability control.
shawnicles is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.