problems ? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > problems ?

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueXHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 05-26-2010, 12:57 PM   #1
ajyadouga
2009 KK Liberty 

problems ?

Am wondering if anyone is having as many problems as I have and what they are doing about them.
Leaking back window at the time of delivery; servo motor for driver side widow; security module complete failure - disable car; security module interface with key disabled; valve tappets broke; engine threw a rod - had to be replaced at 14,500 miles; car is currently back at dealership with coil-pack problems and now ahs 15,700 miles on it (1200 miles on new engine).

Would be interested in learning about any efforts being made to have Chrysler/Jeep make good on the promise of a dependable and reliable vehicle - I certainly don't feel mine is !!

ajyadouga is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2010, 01:19 PM   #2
Elt31987

2008 KK Liberty 

wow ive never heard of another KK having that many problems, all i had was the leaking window.
Daystar 2" Spacer Lift With SkyJacker Hydro Shocks
JBA Gen 5.5 Upper Control Arms
Rokmen Riddler 8.25 Differential Cover
2 KC Slimlite 100 Watt Driving Lights on JK Light Bar
245/75/16 All Terrains
Mopar Front Tow Hooks
Mopar Rear Tow Hook
Mopar Skids
Elt31987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2010, 01:28 PM   #3
ajyadouga
2009 KK Liberty 

The Service Manager at the deaelrship agrees with me that something needs to be done but Chrysler/Jeep feels that by repairing the car under the warranty they are doing enough.
I've asked that they swap me out of the vehicle and even the model - I've had several Jeeps and never anything this bad.
It's gotten to the point that my wife almost refuses to get into the car.
With the latest problem - the coil pack issue - the car lost power on a highway at 65mph going uphill and I was almost rear-ended by the car behind me when the Liberty dropped it's speed without the benefit of momentum as a result of going uphill.
ajyadouga is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2010, 07:27 PM   #4
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Just make sure that you document everything. If i was in a position to make the call I'd be looking at making lemonade if things didn't get straightened out pretty quickly.

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2010, 04:00 PM   #5
fbca7
2007 JK Wrangler 

Wow...our 2008 has been flawless. 25K on the clock....no problems. Couldn't be happier.
fbca7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2010, 05:17 PM   #6
richd
2008 KK Liberty 

My 08 KK so far had all 4 tires replaced,alignment,right front door lock module replaced,WCM replaced after a no crank problem,had to be towed,5 days for repair.2 TSBs for tranny shudder,and shifting problem,A/C problem that TSB took care of.New fuel tank because of fueling up problem which had TSB,plus SKIM module replaced because of intermittent no crank,plus TPS,and Vehicle security light would come on together for about 10 seconds,then shut off.Other then that,I had no problems.And I just turned 13k on mileage.
richd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2010, 09:39 AM   #7
gb0413

Quote:
Originally Posted by richd View Post
My 08 KK so far had all 4 tires replaced,alignment,right front door lock module replaced,WCM replaced after a no crank problem,had to be towed,5 days for repair.2 TSBs for tranny shudder,and shifting problem,A/C problem that TSB took care of.New fuel tank because of fueling up problem which had TSB,plus SKIM module replaced because of intermittent no crank,plus TPS,and Vehicle security light would come on together for about 10 seconds,then shut off.Other then that,I had no problems.And I just turned 13k on mileage.
haha, other than THAT list you had no problems. 13K in 2 years? i've had my 2010 KK for almost 4 months and i've got 7k, i have a 60 mile a day round trip commute to work though which has added most of that.

I've had a few problems thus far though, had to take it to the dealer for my engine light coming on, turned out to be a faulty thermostat and had to connect the vacuum hose that wasn't installed correctly in the factory. other than that, life has been good
gb0413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2010, 04:44 PM   #8
richd
2008 KK Liberty 

My wife drives the KK,and she's been laid off over a year,so no miles are getting put on.My car is a 06 Charger with just under 13K,but Im retired so That doesnt get the mileage either.
richd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2010, 04:23 PM   #9
09_Silver
2011 KK Liberty 

I had the wind shield for the sky slider roof repaired today. Apparently there is a plastic piece that holds it in place which broke. Dealership is about 25 miles from my house so it's inconvenient and it doesn't help that the dealership kinda sucks. They ordered the wrong part the first time and I always have to ask them to remove their greasy fingerprints from my headliner.

Other than that I have had no problems (knock on wood). I love the Jeep. I've installed an aftermarket DVD player with a backup camera. I plan on adding a 2" lift and tires soon. Very excited!
Unread 07-06-2010, 06:47 AM   #10
VMF
2008 KK Liberty 

my KK has close to 24 and i have no problems with it whatsoever besides the wobbly suspension but that was the "feature" of 2008 model, also had TSB for AC and tranny and that kinda fixed all the problems that i had with the car. its been flawless otherwise. sorry to hear that your jeep is so unlucky in that dept if they refuse to swap it under the lemon law see if they can give you a good trade in deal. just saw new grand cherokee this morning while dropping my brothers car @ the dealer and it looks awesome!
VMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2010, 07:28 AM   #11
jtpape
2011 WK 

I have a 2008 Liberty 4x4 Limited with 30K miles and 0 problems to date. Original tires still look good too. Just oil changes and tire rotations. 16.5 mpg to 18 in town and 20+ on the road depending on speed.
jtpape is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2010, 12:24 PM   #12
rugsucka
2000 XJ Cherokee 

We had some module go that blanked the dash and made the wipers go nuts (had to use the shift overide to get it out of park.

We have also had a total of 4 skyslider trips to the dealership as well. It's been fine for 5 months now.

All covered under warranty and the rear window seal TSB is pending when we get back from a vacation next week as I am seeing some PEI dirt stain down the inside.

We're at 40K miles now and those were just nuisance things. The drivetrain and the rest is fine. The fuel economy has been low 20's this trip and that's just fine.

I'm actually beginning to like the wife's ride now because it's now quiet, and certainly more comfortable to drive long distance than my XJ

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.