Problem with MyGig NavRadio - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Problem with MyGig NavRadio

Artec Flash Sale - 15% off and Free Shipping over $300Brand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!Steering and more from Ruffstuff!

Unread 07-07-2010, 06:24 PM   #1
rk911
2010 KK Liberty 

Problem with MyGig NavRadio

just got a new 2010 liberty with the NavRadio. i'm having an issue uploading music to the hard drive that i suspect may not be a problem with the NavRadio itself but was wondering if anyone else has experienced the same issue.

- if i insert and upload an original CD (or an exact copy of an original CD) the music tracks copy, the names of the song and artists display and all of the tracks play normally.

but

- if i insert and upload a custom CD...a CD that i've burned containing X-number of individual tracks that i've either ripped from my original CDs or legally downloaded i get a message indicating that all tracks have copied BUT i get no song or artist names and some of the tracks will not play.

- if i copy X-number of those same individual tracks to a USB flash drive and upload that to the radio's hard drive then all of the tracks seem to copy and i get song and artist names but again some of the tracks will not play. in this case as with the one above after i manually select a track that doesn't play the hard drive selects the next or previous track to play.

i know the tracks in question are good since the same custom-burned CD plays in my wrangler's CD player and on both computers. and the tracks on the USB flash drive also play on both computers. and the track will also play after copying from the original CD.

i originally thought these troublesome tracks might somehow be corrupted but when i copied one of the tracks from the original CD to the flash drive and uploaded it to the radio it would not play. it will play either from the CD itself or after the entire CD has been copied into the NavRadio.

now i'm thinking there is some sort of protection on these tracks that make them unusable if copied off of their original CD???? i've tried a couple of different CD burners with the same result.

any thoughts or experiences???

1946 CJ2A, 2003 TJ, 2010 KK
rk911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2010, 09:41 AM   #2
SuperRliBerty
2008 KK Liberty 

The mygig software needs to be updated. This software have the fixes for the music problems you are having

Jeep Grand Cherokee WK - MyGIG Multimedia Infotainment System - parts

This is the software for mygig
Jeep Grand Cherokee WK - MyGIG Multimedia Infotainment System - parts

you can get them at your local jeep dealer
Resonator removed (sounds like a V8 on start up)
SuperRliBerty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2010, 09:56 AM   #3
SuperRliBerty
2008 KK Liberty 

To check if your mygig is up to date:

1. Turn on radio

2. push MENU button

3. push SYSTEM SETUP

4. push SYTEM INFORMATION

5. read APPLICATION, if it is below 9.292 , your mygig needs to be updated
If grace note is below 2057 , update it

Go to your local dealer and they can update it for you ($108 here in south florida)
Unread 11-13-2010, 05:59 PM   #4
rk911
2010 KK Liberty 

thanks.

application = 2.107
GraceNotes = 2057

this seems to indicate that a software upgrade is way overdue. i'll look into that.

i wonder if that has anything to do with an interference problem i'm having with 890 KHz on the AM band? getting lots of cross talk from other sources even though the transmit site for 890 (WLS) is maybe 20-miles away. 'LS is a 50,000-watt station. no problems with other AM stations...just 890.

what is GraceNotes?

thanks for the tip.
Unread 11-13-2010, 06:19 PM   #5
SuperRliBerty
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk911 View Post

what is GraceNotes?
Gracenote is basically music identification and enhancement.

Here it is explained technically:

Gracenote, Inc., formerly called CDDB (Compact Disc Data Base), is a company that provides advanced media identification, management, discovery and enrichment solutions. It maintains and licenses a Global Media Database of music and video metadata from more than 200 countries and territories and supporting more than 80 languages. Gracenote provides its media management technology and global media database of digital entertainment information to the mobile, automobile, portable, home, and PC markets. Several computer software applications that are capable of playing CDs, such as Winamp, Media Go, and iTunes, use Gracenote's CDDB technology. It also offers a Content Partner Program for content owners who wish to upload data about their video and music content on Powered By Gracenote web platforms, consumer electronics, automobiles and mobile devices. Gracenote’s database was originally created from and continues to receive voluntary contributions from users.

In addition to its CD track-identification system, Gracenote operates a digital file identification service which allows digital music files (such as MP3s) and DVDs to be identified, and media management products for the generation of playlists, and exploration and recommendation of music and video.

In April 2007, Gracenote became the first company in the digital media industry to deploy an authorized Lyrics service. Through agreements covering 10,000 music publishers including all the majors, as well as dozens of prominent independents, Gracenote offers access to licensed lyrics for hundreds of thousands of lyrics. Gracenote provides lyrics to major brands including Google, Yahoo!, MTV and MetroLyrics.

Gracenote is also the only licensee of Cover Art from major labels, and maintains the world’s largest repository of Cover Art and artist and contributor images.

On April 22, 2008, Sony announced that it would acquire Gracenote for US$260 million.[1] The acquisition was completed on June 2, 2008.[2]
Unread 11-13-2010, 06:29 PM   #6
SuperRliBerty
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
i wonder if that has anything to do with an interference problem i'm having with 890 KHz on the AM band? getting lots of cross talk from other sources even though the transmit site for 890 (WLS) is maybe 20-miles away. 'LS is a 50,000-watt station. no problems with other AM stations...just 890.
I tuned in to 890khz and there is a lot of crosstalk and static.... there are 2 spanish speaking stations trying to compete for airtime.... I dont listen to AM or FM stationS, only sirius.... howard stern rocks
Unread 11-13-2010, 06:44 PM   #7
SuperRliBerty
2008 KK Liberty 

SIDENOTE: The MYGIG was developed by Harmon International aka harmon kardon for car manufacturers that wanted a digital entertainment system. volkswagen and ferrari vehicles have MYGIG.

Here the 2011 ferrari california comes standard with a MYGIG
2010-ferrari-california-interior-mygig-close-up-.jpg  
Unread 11-15-2010, 10:31 AM   #8
rk911
2010 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperRliBerty View Post
I tuned in to 890khz and there is a lot of crosstalk and static.... there are 2 spanish speaking stations trying to compete for airtime.... I dont listen to AM or FM stationS, only sirius.... howard stern rocks
you're *also* getting cross talk on 890 KHz? are you in florida? if you're getting the same kind of interference it sounds like a defect in the AM tuner.

rich
Unread 11-15-2010, 01:10 PM   #9
SuperRliBerty
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
you're *also* getting cross talk on 890 KHz? are you in florida? if you're getting the same kind of interference it sounds like a defect in the AM tuner.

rich
Yea I am in florida, fort lauderdale to be exact. After I answered your first initial thread, I tuned into 890khz and clearly heard the crosstalk, drove around a bit and the it good a little better. 890 khz is a spanish talk radio here.
I don't never listened to am or fm so it if there is a defect it

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.