Pro.Fit iPod mount *FAIL* - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Pro.Fit iPod mount *FAIL*

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueComponent speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFG

Unread 06-09-2013, 01:04 PM   #1
DavidDulin
2012 KK Liberty 

Pro.Fit iPod mount *FAIL*

I purchased an accessory mounting bracket by Pro.Fit. It mounts to the right side of the radio (secured by the radio bolts) and can mount iPod, iPhone, Nav, etc with extra brackets.

The part number DG-92-08-G3 is listed by the Pro.Fit website.

Here is a photo of the bracket that arrived. Box was labeled as DG- 92 dash 08 dash G 3, that matches the install sheet I got from ProFit website. www.pro-fit-Intl.com/adobe/DG-92-08-G3-p6.pdf

www.pro-fit-Intl.com/adobe/DG-92-08-G3-p8.pdf this is the sheet for Dodge Challenger 09-11, the bracket in this photo is what I have. Perhaps the bracket was revised, and the install sheet was not?

I attempted to mount the bracket today as ProFit has not returned my calls or email.

It does mount OK, but the angle of the bracket does not allow reinstallation of the bezel. I have attached photos.

Crutchfield is working to get me a replacement / correct bracket. Has anyone used this successfully?

dsc01101b.jpg   dsc01103b.jpg  
DavidDulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2013, 02:14 PM   #2
myfirstjeep1

I used Kuda's mount. Looks oem
image-2365121503.jpg  
myfirstjeep1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2013, 09:58 PM   #3
Justin2012
2012 KK Liberty 

just looked up that kuda site. looks great (but expensive) were you able to keep a cover on your phone and use the mount?
Justin2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2013, 06:23 AM   #4
myfirstjeep1

Kuda only sells the leather base. The black plastic piece is the mount. It allows me to have a mounting piece on my case. Pics will follow
Unread 06-11-2013, 08:09 AM   #5
myfirstjeep1

See attached
image-829849037.jpg   image-325680683.jpg  
Unread 06-12-2013, 07:11 AM   #6
DavidDulin
2012 KK Liberty 

Kudas site listed that piece at $62.00, not bad actually. They also have a smaller "console" that mounts to the top of the bezel that looks interesting.

The ProFit bracket alone was $50.00 at Crutchfield.

I was able to install the bracket successfully, using the following technique.

1)Turn key to "on" position but do not start vehicle.
2)Turn radio off.
3)Use "Bojo" pry tool to lift top of bezel away from tray. pull bezel out using fingers only. Do not disconnect anything, simply lean bezel assembly forward.
4)Remove top right radio screw. Install bracket using that screw.
5)Wrap bracket in cloth, gently bend forward "very slightly", and slide the bezel back into place. Snap back into the dash.
6)Place gear lever back to "P" and remove key.

DONE. 5 minutes. I spent nearly 40 minutes over the weekend to gather the tools, disconnect the negative battery terminal, etc.

All I need now is a short length right angled audio cable to complete the "install", I have a cable clamp affized to the back side of the iPod holder.
jeep-profit1edited.jpg   jeep-profit2edited.jpg   jeep-profit3edited.jpg  
DavidDulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2013, 03:14 PM   #7
Justin2012
2012 KK Liberty 

nice, looks like I know what my next Jeep present will be.
Justin2012 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.