JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   KK Liberty Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f292/)
-   -   Pro.Fit iPod mount *FAIL* (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f292/pro-fit-ipod-mount-fail-1534250/)

DavidDulin 06-09-2013 02:04 PM

Pro.Fit iPod mount *FAIL*

2 Attachment(s)
I purchased an accessory mounting bracket by Pro.Fit. It mounts to the right side of the radio (secured by the radio bolts) and can mount iPod, iPhone, Nav, etc with extra brackets.

The part number DG-92-08-G3 is listed by the Pro.Fit website.

Here is a photo of the bracket that arrived. Box was labeled as DG- 92 dash 08 dash G 3, that matches the install sheet I got from ProFit website. www.pro-fit-Intl.com/adobe/DG-92-08-G3-p6.pdf

www.pro-fit-Intl.com/adobe/DG-92-08-G3-p8.pdf this is the sheet for Dodge Challenger 09-11, the bracket in this photo is what I have. Perhaps the bracket was revised, and the install sheet was not?

I attempted to mount the bracket today as ProFit has not returned my calls or email.

It does mount OK, but the angle of the bracket does not allow reinstallation of the bezel. I have attached photos.

Crutchfield is working to get me a replacement / correct bracket. Has anyone used this successfully?

myfirstjeep1 06-09-2013 03:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I used Kuda's mount. Looks oem

Justin2012 06-10-2013 10:58 PM

just looked up that kuda site. looks great (but expensive) were you able to keep a cover on your phone and use the mount?

myfirstjeep1 06-11-2013 07:23 AM

Kuda only sells the leather base. The black plastic piece is the mount. It allows me to have a mounting piece on my case. Pics will follow

myfirstjeep1 06-11-2013 09:09 AM

2 Attachment(s)
See attached

DavidDulin 06-12-2013 08:11 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Kudas site listed that piece at $62.00, not bad actually. They also have a smaller "console" that mounts to the top of the bezel that looks interesting.

The ProFit bracket alone was $50.00 at Crutchfield.

I was able to install the bracket successfully, using the following technique.

1)Turn key to "on" position but do not start vehicle.
2)Turn radio off.
3)Use "Bojo" pry tool to lift top of bezel away from tray. pull bezel out using fingers only. Do not disconnect anything, simply lean bezel assembly forward.
4)Remove top right radio screw. Install bracket using that screw.
5)Wrap bracket in cloth, gently bend forward "very slightly", and slide the bezel back into place. Snap back into the dash.
6)Place gear lever back to "P" and remove key.

DONE. 5 minutes. I spent nearly 40 minutes over the weekend to gather the tools, disconnect the negative battery terminal, etc.

All I need now is a short length right angled audio cable to complete the "install", I have a cable clamp affized to the back side of the iPod holder.

Justin2012 06-16-2013 04:14 PM

nice, looks like I know what my next Jeep present will be.

The time now is 08:40 PM.