Power mirrors not working - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Power mirrors not working

NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WDROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail Ruffstuff XJ Unirail Channel Reinforcement....

Unread 08-20-2014, 03:29 PM   #1
TKP
2011 KK Liberty 

Power mirrors not working

My 2011 Jeep Liberty Sport's power mirrors are not working---not even sporadically. Both sides are not functioning. I am assuming the problem is either in the driver side wiring, or in the fuse box? I've tried to find an answer online, but haven't been able to resolve the problem...and really I'm not sure where to start. Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks

TKP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-21-2014, 08:58 AM   #2
JeepCares

See attached for fuse location.

From the factory service manual:
The power mirror system includes two selector switches and an adjuster switch that are located on the driver front door trim panel and are only serviced as an integral part of the driver front door power switch module.
File Type: pdf 2011 KK TIPM fuse location.pdf (73.6 KB, 22 views)
Unread 08-21-2014, 10:56 AM   #3
TKP
2011 KK Liberty 

So if I understand correctly, its likely the fuse for the power mirrors--since the rest of my driver door components are working correctly?
Unread 08-21-2014, 02:16 PM   #4
JeepCares

I'm not diagnosing it. Checking the fuse won't cost you anything but a few minutes of time.
Unread 08-21-2014, 02:56 PM   #5
josworth
2010 KK Liberty 

Wow...

OK, let me try and help you further.
Yes, always check fuses first. They are listed in your owners manual.
Next step would be to pull the door switch out and check for power at the wires going into the mirror switch. Without a wire diagram maybe a hit or miss on finding the hot. Thing is if you don't find any hot wire when you should, it's not the switch and could either be the wiring itself or a module. If you get power but the mirrors don't work, then test for output power when adjusting the mirror. No output power but input OK = Bad Switch.

BTW, you can use those basic diagnostic steps with a Volt Meter to test just about any switch.
josworth is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-22-2014, 10:51 AM   #6
TKP
2011 KK Liberty 

Well I checked the fuse, and it is good. I will check the wires next. Thanks for your help!

By chance, can you point me to somewhere/thing on how to get the door switch out to check the wiring?
Unread 08-22-2014, 12:02 PM   #7
josworth
2010 KK Liberty 

I believe it just pops out, but I will check in the service manual I have to be sure, tonight.

2010 Jeep Liberty Limited
josworth is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.