possible wheel sensor and 4WD - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > possible wheel sensor and 4WD

JK Front Lower Adjustable Control Arms!QTP Low Profile Cutouts Now @ MarylandSpeed- Free ShippingOPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!

Unread 12-28-2010, 12:26 PM   #1
edgemaster191

possible wheel sensor and 4WD

i'm asking this for my sister, she has a 2008 Liberty. after she starts the car the ABS, Service 4WD, Traction Control, and ESP lights stay on.

because of this the 4WD does not work, which makes the thing useless up here in the northeast in the middle of winter.

is this a sign of a bad wheel sensor? before she takes it to a dealer and spends 100 bucks to have them pull the codes.

also, is it possible to force it into 4WD or will it simply not engage while the computer is throwing codes?

edgemaster191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2010, 03:23 PM   #2
richd
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgemaster191 View Post
i'm asking this for my sister, she has a 2008 Liberty. after she starts the car the ABS, Service 4WD, Traction Control, and ESP lights stay on.

because of this the 4WD does not work, which makes the thing useless up here in the northeast in the middle of winter.

is this a sign of a bad wheel sensor? before she takes it to a dealer and spends 100 bucks to have them pull the codes.

also, is it possible to force it into 4WD or will it simply not engage while the computer is throwing codes?
Your best bet is to pay the bucks and get it scanned for a code.You have 4 sensors a actuator,and the ABS module.Unless you test each one,your just guessing,and could cost you more money,the code should point to which part of the circuit is causing the problem.
richd is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.