possible 08 KK owner Q's? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > possible 08 KK owner Q's?

Ledlight bar light locks @ oconee off road 706 534 9955Don't forget the Jeep Forum discount, 10% off!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 01-14-2012, 10:03 PM   #1
MichiganSRT8

possible 08 KK owner Q's?

Hello everyone! Hey new guy and been searching on the forum here for a little bit now since my girlfriend is starting to show showing interest in an 08 or so KK. As my 08 WK SRT8 is a cousin to the KK I knew to come here to get the best info from the people that drive them day in and day out. I think soon here we will be starting to go out and check out used KK's, so I knew to come here and ask a few questions:

-There certain problems to look for specifically besides obvious large mechanical problems?
e.g.-One to look for in my SRT8 is a rear end knock that is common in a bad TC in some used WK SRT8's

-Any big changes from year-to-year?
e.g.-Same 4WD system, options, drivetrain

-I know there is always a difference but in general what people have paid for or sold their KK's for?
e.g.-08 with 20k miles how much? (just peoples experiences)

Thanks again, along with any other suggestions are welcomed! Part of other jeep forums as well, know you guys got the info now let me have it! haha

MichiganSRT8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2012, 01:22 PM   #2
marlon_jbt
2010 KK Liberty 

How about an '09?
No ugly gray interior, better, more durable steering rack and a better ride. However you will have no choice in transmissions unless you want an '08, which has a 6 speed manual or 4 speed automatic.

No offense to anyone who has a 2008. I just, personally, do not like that particular shade of gray.
Unread 01-17-2012, 04:01 AM   #3
jsburton84
2008 KK Liberty 

The only thing i have wrong that has been mentioned by others is the fuel tank burp. If i let the tank fill until the pump shuts off, a bit spills out (maybe 1-2 cups) It hasnt been recalled that i know of so i havent got it fixed as it requires replacing the entire tank. I just look at the fuel level before i pump so i know how many gallons i need to put in and shut it off manually (16 gallon tank). The only way you will find this problem is to fill it up.

Other than what marlon mentioned, the steering wheel changed in 2011 models, there are also a few trim levels not available in the earlier years (jet, renegade, arctic etc) pretty much just cosmetic.

I paid 14,400 for my 08 4x4 sport with 38k on it.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.