Popping Noise in the Front End - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Popping Noise in the Front End

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsSavvy/Currie Aluminum Control Arms

Unread 12-12-2011, 09:22 PM   #1
1stJeepKK
2012 KK Liberty 

Popping Noise in the Front End

I have a new noise in the front of my KK now that it has gotten colder out. It sounds like it could be suspension related but I'm not sure. If I turn left it "pops" and then when I turn back it "pops" again. It almost sounds as if it could be a sway bar bushing or something like that. Has anyone heard of this before I run off to the dealership for a warranty claim on something stupid?

Unread 12-12-2011, 10:15 PM   #2
jsburton84
2008 KK Liberty 

I may also be one of the front struts. I had a similar occurrence on my old xj and it was because one of my front shocks was slightly loose where it bolted into the wheel well.
Unread 12-13-2011, 08:38 PM   #3
1stJeepKK
2012 KK Liberty 

Tried spraying some lubricant on the front sway bar bushings. It seemed to help. I also heard Jeep has some issues with this when the weather starts to get cold out. Going to have the dealer look at this as a warranty issue. 2012 Liberty with 2000 miles on it. Jeep outta fix something like this I'd hope.
Unread 12-25-2011, 03:50 AM   #4
Ridejumpfly

I have a 2011 liberty limited, bought it about 3 weeks ago. Makes what i would call a thumping noise at speeds between 63 and 75 only. It comes from the front right quadrant. i can't figure it out and the dealer was not able to track it down either. Anyone heard of this? it is not happening 100% of the time so it is not guaranteed to produce when the mechanic is behind the wheel.

Last edited by Ridejumpfly; 12-25-2011 at 04:06 AM..
Ridejumpfly is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-25-2011, 08:14 PM   #5
1stJeepKK
2012 KK Liberty 

I dropped mine off at the dealership. They almost gave up onthe noise and finally found a loose upper control arm bushing bolt. Sounds like you may have the same issue. Most of my noise was coming from the right front side too. That is where the mechanic finally noticed the bolt just before giving up. Maybe suggest to your dealer to check over the suspension bolts for correct torque. Good luck.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.