Please help with lift!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Please help with lift!!

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 03-25-2014, 08:54 PM   #1
onil182

Please help with lift!!

Hi guys I had a KK

With this setup:
Front:
OME 2927
OME 90009

Rear:
OME 2731
OME 132L

I wanted to go with more lift so I added
Front:
JBA Top spacer plate
Clevis Spacer 0.735
JBA UCA´s

Rear:
Two Isos per side

But today when I went to pick up my car after installing all of that, the handling was awful and the car was WAAAAYY Higher in the front than in the back.

Do you have any ideas of what might have gone wrong?? please help!!!

onil182 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-25-2014, 09:27 PM   #2
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

First how much clevis did you add I would hope not .753 as thats WAY too much, hopefully thats a typo.
But did you get it aligned afterwards ? If not then there is part of the poor handling
But as far as too high in the front, sounds like you tried to lift too high
with top plate and 3/8 inch clevis in front, and two extra per side iso's in the back it should be close to level
Oh and hopefully you tightened the new UCAs after the full weight of the KK was on the ground, if not have to loosen and redo
Unread 03-25-2014, 10:45 PM   #3
Bmxer524
2011 KK Liberty 

Did you personally do the lift or have a shop do it? As Tom said, you should have a 3/8" clevis(tops), so hopefully that 3/4" clevis is a typo. In the rear they should have added 2 isos per side to the top(just best that way as they slide over some metal that holds them in place). If everything was done right and the right size for everything an alignment is a MUST. Without the alignment you'll feel the Jeep wanting to "skate" all over.
Unread 03-26-2014, 07:54 AM   #4
onil182

Yes it was a typo I got the one you said 3/8 a shop did it
onil182 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-26-2014, 12:07 PM   #5
Bmxer524
2011 KK Liberty 

A lot of us are on Lost as well, so like it was said in the topic on lost, what measurements are you getting from center of the hub to the fender? Pre-alignment I think you should be around 22.5 up front and 21.5 in the back if I remember correctly from mine(we have the same lift except I used Bilstein shocks). As long as the upper a-arms and swaybars were tightened when on the ground an alignment should fix everything. Get an alignment ASAP. It'll fix your handling problems, drop your front a tad(to level it out or make it slightly nose high) and help your CV angles(which depending on your height are probably pretty severe as well.
Unread 03-26-2014, 02:13 PM   #6
LibertyRS
2012 KK Liberty 

Little off topic to the specific of this thread but still have to deal with lift kits.

I got offered a day star 2ich spacer lift. Is it garbage? I don't have cash for anything serious and I'm wondering if this is even worth getting being that the price is a fraction of the price of the basic "real" lift kit.

Pros vs cons?
LibertyRS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-26-2014, 02:22 PM   #7
huntb
2008 KK Liberty 

LibertyRS you need to start a new thread for that man. Also, you can search these forums. The Daystar lift has been discussed a hundred times
huntb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-26-2014, 02:47 PM   #8
LKWJEEPER
2009 KK Liberty 

LibertyRS I wouldn't do it if I were you. From the looks of your Liberty, you've spent a lot of money on it. I personally wouldn't do it because of the ride, not for the other reasons people have mentioned. My coil lifted Liberty rides a lot better than the spacer lifted jeep I had prior.
LKWJEEPER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-26-2014, 02:51 PM   #9
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyRS View Post
Little off topic to the specific of this thread but still have to deal with lift kits.

I got offered a day star 2ich spacer lift. Is it garbage? I don't have cash for anything serious and I'm wondering if this is even worth getting being that the price is a fraction of the price of the basic "real" lift kit.

Pros vs cons?
No not even for free
Unread 03-26-2014, 04:28 PM   #10
LibertyRS
2012 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by onil182
Hi guys I had a KK

With this setup:
Front:
OME 2927
OME 90009

Rear:
OME 2731
OME 132L

I wanted to go with more lift so I added
Front:
JBA Top spacer plate
Clevis Spacer 0.735
JBA UCA´s

Rear:
Two Isos per side

But today when I went to pick up my car after installing all of that, the handling was awful and the car was WAAAAYY Higher in the front than in the back.

Do you have any ideas of what might have gone wrong?? please help!!!
My bad for commandeering, help this man level his lift!
LibertyRS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.