plasti dip rocks - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > plasti dip rocks

WJ Tube Doors Now Available!*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Reply
Unread 01-16-2013, 08:19 AM   #31
MyJKU14
14JKUOrange
 
MyJKU14's Avatar
2014 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 350
Sounds good! My husband is worried about the clear bra I have on my KK but from everything I'm reading sounds like it should be ok

Just messed with it a bit... The first spray I ended up wiping off because it was too heavy and running...next try I just just one pass over the jeep and it's pretty spotty looking...I really hope it evens out and looks better than it does now!

It's really not fun getting all the edges clean but I like it!

image-3961825413.jpg

__________________
~~~~~~~~~~~
'14 JKU
'05 LJ Rubicon (husband's)

Colorado Jeep Club #281

Past Jeeps: '02 WJ Overland, '02 WJ Limited, '08 KK Sport

Last edited by MyJKU14; 01-16-2013 at 03:03 PM..
MyJKU14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2013, 09:28 PM   #32
Jame617
Registered User
2012 KK Liberty 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Hartford, CT
Posts: 21
I just plasti-dipped all my chrome emblems on my Arctic Ed to match all the original blacked out stuff and i LOVE IT!!! waiting for the snow from Nemo to go away so I can black out my grill too!
photo-6-.jpg   photo-5-.jpg   photo-2-.jpg   photo.jpg   photo-1-.jpg  

Jame617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2013, 08:09 PM   #33
rloew275
Registered User
2001 WJ 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Zanesville, Ohio
Posts: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame617
I just plasti-dipped all my chrome emblems on my Arctic Ed to match all the original blacked out stuff and i LOVE IT!!! waiting for the snow from Nemo to go away so I can black out my grill too!
How many coats? Dry time? Any tracing or cutting?
rloew275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2013, 08:09 PM   #34
99JeepGC47
Registered User
2008 KK Liberty 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sumter, South Carolina
Posts: 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by VnKJeep View Post
It works on the gear shifter.
I am thinking of doing this too. I hate when the sun reflects off of it. I hope to do my jeep in a few weeks when I have the time and money to get a couple of cans. I don't know if I will do my rims yet, but I really want to do them too.
99JeepGC47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2013, 10:06 AM   #35
MyJKU14
14JKUOrange
 
MyJKU14's Avatar
2014 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 350
1 can does a lot... did our KK and WJ
MyJKU14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2013, 11:04 PM   #36
rloew275
Registered User
2001 WJ 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Zanesville, Ohio
Posts: 153
My timberline wheels will be done as soon as it warms up and I get a free day to do it. Any suggestions on methods??? I'll post pics of course ASAP!!

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
rloew275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2013, 10:13 AM   #37
VnKJeep
Registered User
2012 KK Liberty 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Vicksburg, MS
Posts: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by rloew275 View Post
My timberline wheels will be done as soon as it warms up and I get a free day to do it. Any suggestions on methods??? I'll post pics of course ASAP!!

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
You get better coverage if you take the Wheels off to spray them.
I did ours on and off the Jeep. Taking off was easier
VnKJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2013, 12:22 PM   #38
TIJKK1220
Registered User
2008 KK Liberty 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Magnolia, Texas
Posts: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by VnKJeep View Post
You get better coverage if you take the Wheels off to spray them.
I did ours on and off the Jeep. Taking off was easier
Another good tip is to buy a deck of playing cards to stick between your rims and the tire and use masking tape past the card
TIJKK1220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2013, 01:52 PM   #39
rescue575
Senior Member
 
rescue575's Avatar
2011 KK Liberty 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Franklin Square, NY
Posts: 912
Quote:
Originally Posted by TIJKK1220

Another good tip is to buy a deck of playing cards to stick between your rims and the tire and use masking tape past the card
Has anyone tried painting their bumpers with this stuff? Parking on the streets of NYC, one lovely friend decided to leave me a nice gift on my front bumper under the left KC lamp. Figured I would just hit the whole bumper with the plastidip and kind of dive it the old KJ bumper look.



image-980685733.jpg
__________________
2011 Liberty Sport
2 KC Slimlite[RIGHT] 130 Watt Long Range on JK Bar
TMS Aluminum Roof Rack Cross Bars
Cobra 75, Firestik Door Jam Mount, HD Spring, 2Ft Firestik
Dunlop Fierce Attitude M/T
rescue575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2013, 03:36 PM   #40
TIJKK1220
Registered User
2008 KK Liberty 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Magnolia, Texas
Posts: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by rescue575 View Post
Has anyone tried painting their bumpers with this stuff? Parking on the streets of NYC, one lovely friend decided to leave me a nice gift on my front bumper under the left KC lamp. Figured I would just hit the whole bumper with the plastidip and kind of dive it the old KJ bumper look.



Attachment 594351
I have dipped the center of my bumper and have seen people dip their whole hood, 3-4 coats and it works great! I've also dipped my side skirting and it has held up since last June with no chips or tears. Really tough stuff
TIJKK1220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2013, 03:46 PM   #41
TIJKK1220
Registered User
2008 KK Liberty 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Magnolia, Texas
Posts: 123
Www.dipyourcar.com sells plastidip in matte white as well
TIJKK1220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2013, 04:45 PM   #42
rescue575
Senior Member
 
rescue575's Avatar
2011 KK Liberty 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Franklin Square, NY
Posts: 912
Quote:
Originally Posted by TIJKK1220
Www.dipyourcar.com sells plastidip in matte white as well
Yea that's been the toughest part. All my local stores only Cary black and clear. Found the white on amazon pretty cheap.
__________________
2011 Liberty Sport
2 KC Slimlite[RIGHT] 130 Watt Long Range on JK Bar
TMS Aluminum Roof Rack Cross Bars
Cobra 75, Firestik Door Jam Mount, HD Spring, 2Ft Firestik
Dunlop Fierce Attitude M/T
rescue575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2013, 05:12 PM   #43
_benjammin
Registered User
2012 KK Liberty 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Wilmington, NC
Posts: 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by rescue575 View Post

Yea that's been the toughest part. All my local stores only Cary black and clear. Found the white on amazon pretty cheap.
Do you have Lowes Home Improvement? That's where I got white.
_benjammin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2013, 05:57 PM   #44
AtTheHelm
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: South Lake Tahoe, CA
Posts: 701
I did my bumpers and flares a couple years ago. I liked the way it looked at first but it got kind of dinged up after a while. I don't think I used enough (3 cans) because it was a royal pita to remove. I ended up using paint thinner and a ton of rags.
AtTheHelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2013, 08:34 AM   #45
rescue575
Senior Member
 
rescue575's Avatar
2011 KK Liberty 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Franklin Square, NY
Posts: 912
Quote:
Originally Posted by _benjammin

Do you have Lowes Home Improvement? That's where I got white.
Yes have checkers there with no resolve.
__________________
2011 Liberty Sport
2 KC Slimlite[RIGHT] 130 Watt Long Range on JK Bar
TMS Aluminum Roof Rack Cross Bars
Cobra 75, Firestik Door Jam Mount, HD Spring, 2Ft Firestik
Dunlop Fierce Attitude M/T
rescue575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.