PIAA Brackets - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > PIAA Brackets

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ Ch

Unread 02-08-2014, 03:08 PM   #1
98ZJ SFD
2012 KK Liberty 

PIAA Brackets

I just got my PIAA 520s and noticed a bracket wasn't included in order to mount it to my Mopar bar. Any tips on something I can get locally?

Also, regarding the wiring, the instructions say to tap into a wire so they only come on with my low beams. I don't want them on all the time with my lows. Will the lights still power up without that wire being connected?

Previous
98 ZJ Laredo SE 4.0, 2" Skyjacker BB, JKS Quicker Discos, Goodyear Wrangler MT/Rs, K&N FIPK, Kolak cat & back exhaust, Westin Safari bar, KC lights
98ZJ SFD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-25-2014, 08:24 AM   #2
staubitzk
2011 KK Liberty 

I found that any Offroad lighting brackets are hard to come by in the local market. Amazon usually has the best deals with super fast shipping. As far as the wiring goes, it is up to you how you want them to be powered.

You can either power them straight from the battery, or from either your low or high beams. The PIAA should of came with a relay. I have mine wired so when I activate my high beams, it gives power to my switch which turns on the lights. To do this, the switch "HOT" wire should be connected to the HOT from the high beams.

If you want to turn on your lights by just using the switch, then connect the "HOT" line from the switch to a always hot source such as the battery.

As a word of advice, If you are going to do an independant switch, I would suggest connecting the "Hot" line to an ignition source such as tapping into the cigarette "HOT" line underneath the climate controls. This is so if the car is off, it kills power to the lights. I cannot tell you how many times I killed by battery by accidentally leaving the lights on.

I also got tired of having to turn the switch on and off when I wanted to use the lights. It is so much more convenient to wire them to either the high or low beams. Below is a great link on which wire to tap into in the headlights:

http://connectors.dcctools.com/home....7CE5CD45FE4A5B
Unread 02-25-2014, 10:31 AM   #3
98ZJ SFD
2012 KK Liberty 

Thanks for your reply.

I went with the PIAA brackets from Amazon.

I wired the switch power to hot so I can turn the lights on whenever I feel like. I didn't want them on all the time with either my highs or my lows. But that's still great information which I may keep handy for future reference, in case I want to switch them to my high beams at some point.

I was concerned about the switch light being lit green all the time, but I can't imagine it draws much power.

Previous
98 ZJ Laredo SE 4.0, 2" Skyjacker BB, JKS Quicker Discos, Goodyear Wrangler MT/Rs, K&N FIPK, Kolak cat & back exhaust, Westin Safari bar, KC lights
98ZJ SFD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-26-2014, 09:50 AM   #4
staubitzk
2011 KK Liberty 

When you wire the switch to your high beams, the switch is only illuminated when you turn your high beams on. I put my rocker switch inside the center console so I never see it anyway.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.