Passenger Side Brake Light Out - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Passenger Side Brake Light Out

Savvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 09-08-2013, 09:15 PM   #1
Wsmithers

Passenger Side Brake Light Out

Hi Forum Members,

I'm having an issue with my passenger side brake light. The running light works fine but when the brakes are applied, the bulb does not get brighter like it should. The driver side light and the third brake light are fine.

I'm guessing the issue is narrowed down to the brake light housing itself but what should I look for? Are there are common issues that cause this? If I need to test with a voltmeter, does anyone know what pins to check and what voltage?

Thanks for any suggestions

Wsmithers is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2013, 09:32 PM   #2
huntb
2008 KK Liberty 

Try replacing the bulb first. Swap the left and right and see if the issue follows the bulb itself or if it is a connection issue
huntb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2013, 09:35 PM   #3
Wsmithers

Sorry, I forgot to mention the first thing I did was change the bulb. I was debating to go back and get a different bulb or try swapping the one from the driver side. I'll try that first.
Wsmithers is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.