Orange side markers - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Orange side markers

G2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 07-09-2010, 11:54 AM   #1
LVaughn
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Orange side markers

Anyone know how to remove the front orange side markers on an 08-10 jeep lib?

LVaughn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2010, 08:13 PM   #2
MtnLuvr
2009 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVaughn View Post
Anyone know how to remove the front orange side markers on an 08-10 jeep lib?
If you're talking the ones in the front bumper, you have to get to them from behind, remove a speed nut, then slide them out of a retaining tab and, of course, at some point, unplug.
MtnLuvr's Off-Road Front Winch Bumper, Heavy Duty Rock Sliders, Heavy Duty Off-Road Rear Bumper/JBA 4" AaS Lift w/UCAs/16x8's w/ 245/75R16 GY MT/Rs
MtnLuvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2010, 03:33 AM   #3
LibertyHopeful
2008 KK Liberty 

All I know is they're a pain in the *** to get to. Partially because you have to remove, or at least peel back, the wheel liner.
Pirelli Scorpion ATR 235/65R17 WeatherTech Floor Liners Mopar Cargo Tray
LibertyHopeful is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2010, 10:30 PM   #4
LVaughn
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyHopeful View Post
All I know is they're a pain in the *** to get to. Partially because you have to remove, or at least peel back, the wheel liner.
That's what I was concerned with. I'm trying to get them tinted to match the rest of my KK. Silver KK with everything blacked out and ORANGE side markers = annoying.
LVaughn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2010, 02:30 AM   #5
LibertyHopeful
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVaughn View Post
That's what I was concerned with. I'm trying to get them tinted to match the rest of my KK. Silver KK with everything blacked out and ORANGE side markers = annoying.
Give it a go and see if you can do it without having to remove the riveted fender clips (can't remember). The black clips with the large heads that hold in the wheel liner can be removed by inserting a small flathead screwdriver between the head of the clip and pulling out (you'll see there's a groove for a flathead on both sides of the clip), then the whole clip will pull out.

If you don't have to remove the rivets, shouldn't take more than 10 minutes to remove the clips and peel the liner back.
Pirelli Scorpion ATR 235/65R17 WeatherTech Floor Liners Mopar Cargo Tray
LibertyHopeful is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.