Ome hd installed.. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Ome hd installed..

TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGTJ, YJ & LJ Drop Down Tail Gate Conversion KitLJ Suspension Systems from Clayton Off Road

Unread 02-16-2013, 03:17 PM   #1
Aryzurak
2009 KK Liberty 

Ome hd installed..

So I replaced shocks and springs with ome hd. I also added 2 conduit nuts in the front thinking it ll be a leveling the lift. It rides and handles great. But my issue is the front sits one inch higher than the back! Will it settle and level itself?

Aryzurak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2013, 03:24 PM   #2
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Conduit nuts?

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2013, 03:35 PM   #3
Aryzurak
2009 KK Liberty 

Yes its a trick i learned here. 2" diameter electrical conduit nuts. I stacked 2 adding up to 1/4 inch which gives me a total of 1/2 inch lift. Most people go with 3.
Unread 02-16-2013, 03:42 PM   #4
AtTheHelm

The front should settle some after a day or two.
Rear add two (per side) spring isolators and it'll boost it up a little.
AtTheHelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2013, 03:50 PM   #5
Aryzurak
2009 KK Liberty 

Thanks, I always thought the rear was going to be higher because people talk about putting 3 nuts and top spacers. I will add the rear isolators and go from there.
Unread 02-16-2013, 03:59 PM   #6
mtbiker
2011 KK Liberty 

Just ordered the OME HD for my '11. If I install just the springs I will retain the factory rake? Looking to keep the back a little higher so its level when loaded down. I tend to carry a good bit of gear in the Spring-Fall.
mtbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2013, 04:16 PM   #7
Aryzurak
2009 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbiker
Just ordered the OME HD for my '11. If I install just the springs I will retain the factory rake? Looking to keep the back a little higher so its level when loaded down. I tend to carry a good bit of gear in the Spring-Fall.
I think it will be a little higher in the front. You can always stack some rear spring isolators they'll give you about 3/8 a piece, thats what I'm gonna have to do looks like.
The good thing with the hd is you won't be sagging as much with heavy load.
Unread 02-16-2013, 06:35 PM   #8
teckn9ne
2010 KK Liberty 

My front settled very fast got my rake back day after install i just installed hd shocks and springs no clevis etc but have every skid plate including front radiator so my front heavier then rear very very happy with ride and lift.
Silverstar Headlights,Mopar Hitch,Mopar Tow Hook,Mopar Skids,Mopar Locking Lugs,Mopar Remote Start,Factory Sirius Radio,WeatherTech Digital Floor Mats,JCROffroad Stage 3 Sliders,Hankook DynaPro RF10 LT225/75/16,Diehard Platinum P1,JBA 5.5 UCA,OME HD,
teckn9ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2013, 06:53 PM   #9
mtbiker
2011 KK Liberty 

Did you do the a-arms too? Or just the springs/struts & shocks?
mtbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2013, 07:11 PM   #10
teckn9ne
2010 KK Liberty 

I did the jba uca it helped alignment alot and the quality is best on market.My stock arms had losest balljoint iv ever seen also only 38k miles
Silverstar Headlights,Mopar Hitch,Mopar Tow Hook,Mopar Skids,Mopar Locking Lugs,Mopar Remote Start,Factory Sirius Radio,WeatherTech Digital Floor Mats,JCROffroad Stage 3 Sliders,Hankook DynaPro RF10 LT225/75/16,Diehard Platinum P1,JBA 5.5 UCA,OME HD,
Unread 02-16-2013, 07:39 PM   #11
Aryzurak
2009 KK Liberty 

I didnt do the arms, but i can tell they are nit happy I heard you dont need them if going arround 3 inches.
Unread 02-16-2013, 08:25 PM   #12
teckn9ne
2010 KK Liberty 

It took alittle time geting alignment just right with the jba we did get it but my caster is off still off a tad but i no next alignment il get it probaly be dead on.Best investment iv put on is the lift and arm rides 10000 times better and jba balljoint replacement is less work and down time .I myself wouldnt keep the oem arms but alot do use and i wont knock if it works for them.I just decided might as will do it all at the same time and it was the right decision for me cause i didnt want any oem uca alignment problems or replacement in near future.
Unread 02-18-2013, 05:15 PM   #13
TurboGoKart
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Usually, if you have a rake pre-lift, you'll have a rake post lift. I did the 3 nuts in the front plus 1/4" top spacers, and 2 extra (for a total of 3 per side) isolators in the rear and without it weighted down, the wheel gap is pretty darn equal.
TurboGoKart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2013, 05:36 PM   #14
teckn9ne
2010 KK Liberty 

My rake is minor 20" up front 20 1/2" back came fron 18" front 19" rear so its alot more level then it was.And got rid of the whip effect in the front when braking.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.