OME 2.5" install thread - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > OME 2.5" install thread

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOld Man Emu WK Lift - Black Friday Special!!

Unread 07-23-2014, 12:31 PM   #16
Bmxer524
2011 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kew View Post
Front 21.75"
Rear 21"

Not sure what stock is so what does that work out to be in total lift?
~18 in the front, ~19 in the rear. Factory is allowed slight differences while still being in spec.

How many extra isos did you add in the rear?

Unread 07-23-2014, 03:33 PM   #17
Mattyvac
2012 KK Liberty 

What kit did you purchase?
Mattyvac is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-23-2014, 09:12 PM   #18
kew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmxer524 View Post
~18 in the front, ~19 in the rear. Factory is allowed slight differences while still being in spec.

How many extra isos did you add in the rear?
I didn't use any extra isolators in the rear. Just reused the oems.
kew is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-23-2014, 09:18 PM   #19
kew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyvac View Post
What kit did you purchase?
This is exactly what I used and where I made the purchase. Along with 2 conduit spacers on each side in the front. If I had it again 1 on each side would be have been plenty. Use the KYB's at your own guidance. I used them against other peoples opinion and so far in my opinion they are completely fine. The transformation in ride quality notably handling/cornering is remarkable.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Unread 07-24-2014, 12:03 PM   #20
Mattyvac
2012 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kew View Post
This is exactly what I used and where I made the purchase. Along with 2 conduit spacers on each side in the front. If I had it again 1 on each side would be have been plenty. Use the KYB's at your own guidance. I used them against other peoples opinion and so far in my opinion they are completely fine. The transformation in ride quality notably handling/cornering is remarkable.

Thanks.

What's the gripe with KYB items? Not good quality? For someone who off-roads once a year and tows a boat to unimproved ramps every weekend I'm sure they'll work fine?

Also what is a conduit spacer? Do you have a link and item info for that? Where do they go during the install?
Mattyvac is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-24-2014, 12:48 PM   #21
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

Off road has nothing to do with it, potholes/ railroad tracks every day wear and tear is as hard on shocks as most put offroading.
Should always match quality shocks with quality springs
Saving a nickle today may cost a dime tomorrow

CONDUIT NUT , not spacer, get them in the electrical area of the hardware store, they go between the bottom of the shock and the clevis in front, 3 per side for 3/4 inch lift
Unread 07-24-2014, 01:16 PM   #22
Bmxer524
2011 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Thanks.

What's the gripe with KYB items? Not good quality? For someone who off-roads once a year and tows a boat to unimproved ramps every weekend I'm sure they'll work fine?

Also what is a conduit spacer? Do you have a link and item info for that? Where do they go during the install?
Read this link:
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB...p?f=88&t=79401

It explains a lot about lifting a KK. There's a section for the Clevis lift as well
Unread 07-24-2014, 01:33 PM   #23
sloan74
2013 JK Wrangler 

Looks great man! I traded my 2011 KK in for a new JK Rubicon. But this was exactly what I wanted to do to the KK if I would have kept it. Looks really good.
sloan74 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-24-2014, 03:23 PM   #24
NAMoulton
2010 KK Liberty 

Quote:
This:

20140724_162001.jpg

They're conduit nuts slid onto the clevis mount spacing the distance from clevis to strut brace. Most only do 3/8" (giving 3/4" lift) but I have a 1/2" (giving 1" lift). No idea how you get double what you put in...magic happens is what I was told haha.
Unread 07-24-2014, 03:33 PM   #25
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

Recommended amount is 3/8 inch since anymore you don't have as much of the clevis holding the shock
Unread 07-25-2014, 07:29 PM   #26
kew

Quote:
Thanks.

Honestly, I do not know. I did more than a fair amount of research and didn't find much information on the KYB's. KYB is good quality Japanese company. However, I am not sure how they will perform for a duration on a liberty. I will keep this thread updated unbiasedly as time/miles progress.
Unread 07-27-2014, 10:58 PM   #27
huntb
2008 KK Liberty 

Yeah man, KYB! Everyone knows the best offroad components come from Japan! Seriously though, why didn't you spend a few extra bucks and get OME or Ironman shocks? What did you use in the rear? Stock length does not work... I feel like mean ole' Tom saying that but for real
huntb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-28-2014, 12:58 PM   #28
kew

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntb View Post
Yeah man, KYB! Everyone knows the best offroad components come from Japan! Seriously though, why didn't you spend a few extra bucks and get OME or Ironman shocks? What did you use in the rear? Stock length does not work... I feel like mean ole' Tom saying that but for real
Read the thread the info is there on the rear shocks. So you have personal experience with the kyb's?
Unread 07-30-2014, 08:08 AM   #29
Gageraid
2008 KK Liberty 

Look good. Correct me if I'm wrong, but are those stock FRONT bumpstops?
Gageraid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-30-2014, 02:35 PM   #30
kew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gageraid View Post
Look good. Correct me if I'm wrong, but are those stock FRONT bumpstops?
Thanks. You are correct those are the stock front bumpstops. I havent gotten a chance to modify them yet.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.