Ok..pinstriping done..now the extras - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Ok..pinstriping done..now the extras

XJ Rail Sale!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!Vanco Big Brake Kit Promotion!

Unread 08-03-2011, 07:09 AM   #1
hogowner
2011 KK Liberty 

Ok..pinstriping done..now the extras

Hi guys,

finally had my pinstriping done. Now my next self project is to get my bull bar....rear bumper guard and side steps installed...I am also getting OEM front bug deflector, OEM Sun roof wind deflector, OEM deluxe front and read splash guards and also rain guards for the window....these will be all black....the only chrome add on I am going to install is the tail light covers....

Yes..I am sure you can tell I am a Harley Rider with the pinstriping colors and emblem on the back,

Took pics this morning before the sun was up when I left for work so pics are not that great. I will post more after the other additions are done (maybe done this weekend) The orange and black really stand out on this Bronze Pearl Libby!!

2011-08-02-16.59.30.jpg   2011-08-03-05.42.53.jpg   2011-08-03-05.41.56.jpg  
hogowner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-03-2011, 07:35 AM   #2
jonrjen
2011 KK Liberty 

Gotta admit, those colors do go very well with the paint color.
Anyway you can post another photo showing from the direct side and not an angle?
Unread 08-03-2011, 07:47 AM   #3
hogowner
2011 KK Liberty 

yes..I will tonight when I get home I will have them up by 7:00pm EST.....

with the 70th Anniversary Edition Front Seats, there is a tri colored patch under the badge. It is black, orange and green. I was going to go with a black and green pinstripe, but after I saw the orange on the Libby...I went with the orange and black. The colors really POP off the Libby!! I am very happy with the pinstriping....I didn't want to go to crazy. I think less is more..the pinstriper wanted to know if I wanted anything on the hood or around the windows...I told him no..just wanted a very clean look.

My wife told me after I finish doing all my additions, I am going to cover up the Libby, put it in the garage and never drive it LOL she may be right
Unread 08-03-2011, 08:14 AM   #4
jonrjen
2011 KK Liberty 

Also waiting to see what the rear guard looks like. Where did you order it from, I don't think I have ever seen one.
Unread 08-03-2011, 08:54 AM   #5
hogowner
2011 KK Liberty 

here you go

same company makes the Bull Bar for the front ( or A Bar) getting them both in black
rear-bumper.jpg  
Unread 08-03-2011, 09:20 AM   #6
jonrjen
2011 KK Liberty 

I put that same style guard on the front of our Ford Expedition in stainless. We gave our daughter the Expedition a few years ago and the front guard is still strong as ever. I think you will be pleased with the quality and strength of this.
Unread 08-03-2011, 09:41 AM   #7
Poncherello
2010 KK Liberty 

The Pin Striping looks great!, So does the rear bumper its giving me some ideas :]
Poncherello is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-03-2011, 09:52 AM   #8
Elt31987

2008 KK Liberty 

Nice Job
Daystar 2" Spacer Lift With SkyJacker Hydro Shocks
JBA Gen 5.5 Upper Control Arms
Rokmen Riddler 8.25 Differential Cover
2 KC Slimlite 100 Watt Driving Lights on JK Light Bar
245/75/16 All Terrains
Mopar Front Tow Hooks
Mopar Rear Tow Hook
Mopar Skids
Elt31987 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-03-2011, 10:18 AM   #9
hogowner
2011 KK Liberty 

The only problem that I think I am going to have with the rear bumper guard is that I am going to have to turn off my parking assist!

The rear bumper will get in the way of the sensors...so I would have to turn them off...

Not that big a deal...but I did pay for that LOL

I guess if I hit another car with the bumper guard on...it will make a louder noise then the parking assist "beeps" LOL LOL
Unread 08-03-2011, 10:27 AM   #10
hogowner
2011 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonrjen View Post
I put that same style guard on the front of our Ford Expedition in stainless. We gave our daughter the Expedition a few years ago and the front guard is still strong as ever. I think you will be pleased with the quality and strength of this.
Here is what I am going to put in the front..it is just an A Bar
front-abar.jpg  
Unread 08-03-2011, 10:39 AM   #11
jonrjen
2011 KK Liberty 

Should all come together very nice. I will be installing a Blue Ox tow bar bracket to tow our Liberty behind the motorhome, so any kind of front guard is out of the option list for me. Unless I could get by saying this is the going to be the front guard to my Liberty.
Unread 08-03-2011, 05:28 PM   #12
hogowner
2011 KK Liberty 

WOW...that motorhome is BEAUTIFUL....your libby in Bronze must look hot behind that......if you ever pass over towards NYC..please let me know..

here are some more pics of the car...they came out horrible...it is overcast here and I pormised you pics by 7:00pm EST...

I will take more over the weekend when I install all my other mods

the pictures do not do this justice.....it really pops off the car the pinstriping....

PS...don't mind my ugly mug in the reflection......that really takes away from the car LOL LOL
back.jpg   2011-08-03-18.06.31.jpg   2011-08-03-18.06.50.jpg  
Unread 08-04-2011, 12:03 AM   #13
Poncherello
2010 KK Liberty 

Looks awesome!

My father has a really good friend that owns a bodyshop/garage and does some really good work. When my mother bought her new car, he told her to just drop it by the shop. He had done some pinstriping in silver and black to it since it is an all white loaded Rouge. It looks great and gives the vehicle character and uniqueness and most important Mom was real happy lol :]
Poncherello is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-04-2011, 07:33 AM   #14
az16339
2009 KK Liberty 

Got me drooling! What do the front end/hood area and front quarter panels look like with the stripes? I'm thinking of black over a brown shade or dark brown over a lighter brown for my 2009 Graystone Pearl Sport. Anybody know of any real good stripers in Phoenix?
az16339 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-04-2011, 08:29 AM   #15
hogowner
2011 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by az16339 View Post
Got me drooling! What do the front end/hood area and front quarter panels look like with the stripes? I'm thinking of black over a brown shade or dark brown over a lighter brown for my 2009 Graystone Pearl Sport. Anybody know of any real good stripers in Phoenix?
I did nothing to the front end hood panels....I am adding the hood bug/air deflector so I didn't need any pin striping done on there..it would be covered by the deflector

If anyone needs a good pinstriper let me know. He is located on Long Island. even if you are a couple of hours away..he is worth it.....attached is a pic of the harley wings he did for me..as you can see..he blacked out the bar and shield part..he then pin striped the car, to let the emblem dry..and then he painted BY HAND the letters..I couldn't believe he did it by hand!
2011-08-02-17.02.01.jpg   2011-08-03-05.42.53.jpg  

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.