OK Need HELP! Bought 255/70/16 they do rub! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > OK Need HELP! Bought 255/70/16 they do rub!

All Bilstein shocks & struts - Lowest Prices Ever and Santa Kolak Announces: Kolak Exhaust 20% Off Sale!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 05-29-2013, 07:06 PM   #1
SarOpsSix
2011 KK Liberty 

OK Need HELP! Bought 255/70/16 they do rub!

Well after long debating and people say no and people say yeah. I went with 255/70/16 on a 16x8 rim with a 5 inch BS. They do rub at full choke. I dont want to tear the inside of my tire well up. Anything I can do? Will spacers help or do i need a lift and what kind. Any info would be great i really dont want to sell these and go with a 245. I like they way they look. At this point i'm afraid even bumps will cause damage so looking to do this quick i cant be dropping 700 dollars. Thanks

SarOpsSix is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-29-2013, 07:15 PM   #2
AtTheHelm

Wheel spacers will likely make it worse. I actually have a daystar 2" spacer lift for sale @ $100 plus shipping. Pretty sure they won't rub but can't guarantee it.
AtTheHelm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-29-2013, 07:20 PM   #3
SarOpsSix
2011 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtTheHelm View Post
Wheel spacers will likely make it worse. I actually have a daystar 2" spacer lift for sale @ $100 plus shipping. Pretty sure they won't rub but can't guarantee it.
What year is this for? And those are only for the front correct not rear too?
Unread 05-29-2013, 08:42 PM   #4
AtTheHelm

Front and rear for 08-12
AtTheHelm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-29-2013, 09:50 PM   #5
huntb
2008 KK Liberty 

Dude you have to be kidding me. I told you in that PM that 255/70R16 will rub. Why did you even ask me if you weren't going to listen?

Cut the wheel well till you can afford a lift and keep it on the road or at least buy Atthehelms spacers...
huntb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-29-2013, 10:24 PM   #6
tjkj2002
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarOpsSix View Post
Well after long debating and people say no and people say yeah. I went with 255/70/16 on a 16x8 rim with a 5 inch BS. They do rub at full choke. I dont want to tear the inside of my tire well up. Anything I can do? Will spacers help or do i need a lift and what kind. Any info would be great i really dont want to sell these and go with a 245. I like they way they look. At this point i'm afraid even bumps will cause damage so looking to do this quick i cant be dropping 700 dollars. Thanks
It's your rims that are the cause of the rub.Go back to the stock rims(16x7) and you will not rub anymore.
Unread 05-30-2013, 05:15 AM   #7
SarOpsSix
2011 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntb View Post
Dude you have to be kidding me. I told you in that PM that 255/70R16 will rub. Why did you even ask me if you weren't going to listen?

Cut the wheel well till you can afford a lift and keep it on the road or at least buy Atthehelms spacers...
The reason being.. I had 3 people say they had no issues.
Unread 05-30-2013, 05:18 AM   #8
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

Some have no common sense and will tell you anything
Wheels are too wide as tjkj mentioned for one
tires are too big for two
Going to have to breakdown and lift it
of course going to a spacer lift it may still rub some with the wheel choice and then in no time you'll have to lift it properly anyways
Unread 05-30-2013, 05:22 AM   #9
SarOpsSix
2011 KK Liberty 

will a daystar 2 inch lift work ? What else will i need to do if I put those on. Then will these tires look smaller now with this lift? I was trying to get a beefer look
Unread 05-30-2013, 07:43 AM   #10
tjkj2002
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarOpsSix View Post
will a daystar 2 inch lift work ? What else will i need to do if I put those on. Then will these tires look smaller now with this lift? I was trying to get a beefer look
It's your rims,if you don't want to lift you have to go back to rims with the stock width and backspacing or you must lift it and then yes the tires will look small as there really no bigger then 245/70's(a few mm's taller is all but about 3/8" wider).

But you most likely will nbot listen since you did not listen the 1st time doubt you will now.
Unread 05-30-2013, 07:59 AM   #11
huntb
2008 KK Liberty 

You could trying doing a clevis lift and see if that helps at all. Its very cheap and easy to do yourself, but like I said before, make sure you keep it on pavement
huntb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.