Oil Leak? - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Oil Leak?

All Bilstein shocks & struts - Lowest Prices Ever and Poison Spyder DeFenders™ - "Tubeless" Jeep FendeSanta Kolak Announces: Kolak Exhaust 20% Off Sale!

Unread 12-31-2011, 09:04 PM   #46
Skipper6413
2011 KK Liberty 

Wow, Burnt, sorry your issues have been so bad. I think, out of pure spite, I would have asked if they just pumped in coolant to"spec" or if they actually used the high/low gauge! Well, there are places like yelp.com where you can rate business performance. I took my Lincoln in today to get a ball joint installed. They don't do ball joints on weekends! Lol. Really? I guess the press is off on weekends or something. But seriously, keep your eyes on everything and keep every last slip of paper. I might would have even recorded conversations.

Skipper6413 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-31-2011, 09:07 PM   #47
Skipper6413
2011 KK Liberty 

Just out of curiosity, how much fuel did they leave you with?
Unread 12-31-2011, 11:14 PM   #48
streetglideok
2005 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skipper6413 View Post
Wow, Burnt, sorry your issues have been so bad. I think, out of pure spite, I would have asked if they just pumped in coolant to"spec" or if they actually used the high/low gauge! Well, there are places like yelp.com where you can rate business performance. I took my Lincoln in today to get a ball joint installed. They don't do ball joints on weekends! Lol. Really? I guess the press is off on weekends or something. But seriously, keep your eyes on everything and keep every last slip of paper. I might would have even recorded conversations.
That's easy as to why they couldn't. Some shops, especially some dealerships, dont have the real techs on duty on saturdays, just the oil change and light job guys. If that is all they staffed, you dont want those guys on weekends working on balljoints,lol. Reason that is done, the business is such that there isnt enough work for the better techs to work on saturday, and rather then having them stand around doing light work, they have them there for the weekdays.
streetglideok is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-01-2012, 12:20 AM   #49
BurntClutch
2011 KK Liberty 

1/2 a tank. I had a little over 3/4. No biggie, I was expecting worse. I was underneath today. No leak!!
BurntClutch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-01-2012, 07:44 PM   #50
LibertyJ
2014 KL Cherokee 

Just read all the posts. Glad to hear that you did get to the bottom of the leak.

I'm having a minor issue of oil loss but so far dealer has been good. Nothing showing visually, just on the dip stick. The dealer has a consumption report started where I go in and have them check it at 1000kms / 621 miles intervals.
LibertyJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-02-2012, 12:29 AM   #51
Poncherello
2010 KK Liberty 

Glad you got to the root of the issue. Not sure if you what legal issues you could do, but wriitng a formal letter to Chrysler - Jeep could do some good.

I remember my shop teacher told me about an old lady who brought her early 70' Caddy to be serviced. It was squirting oil at of everywhere. The slime gas attendant kept selling her and putting in a quart of oil everytime she filled up. Turned out she had about 17 qts of oil in her car when they drained it.
Poncherello is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-09-2012, 03:57 PM   #52
BurntClutch
2011 KK Liberty 

Guess who's back? My oil leak! Looks like the leak at the headgasket is gone. That area is completely dry. I took a trip to Pittsburgh this weekend so Thurday night I went underneath. The leak on the bell housing and cam sensor had returned. I wiped them clean and figured maybe it was just residual oil left over from the work done on the truck. I drove the it about 1000 miles this weekend, got underneath when I arrived home last night. Drip on bell housing cam back, cam sensor seemed dry. Looks like I'm calling the dealer back tomorrow.

You guys think main seal? or cam sensor? I can't believe I was leaking from the headgasket, crank seal, and now a third location!? Crazy.

You guys think I should wait longer? Maybe this oil is left over from some crevis after the replaced my headgasket? Also, Jeep topped off my coolant after the work was done, now the coolant level is in between the min and max. Anyone think that's weird?
Unread 01-09-2012, 07:00 PM   #53
streetglideok
2005 KJ Liberty 

Could be air trapped in the engine that has worked out, that has made the level drop. I would go back and talk to them about the oil, they may want to put dye back in.
Unread 01-09-2012, 07:18 PM   #54
Skipper6413
2011 KK Liberty 

Simply, I concur: yes call the dealer back for yet another look. Probably do the dye. Normal for coolant to do that. Having said that, just keep an eye on it and everything else under the hood. Surprised if Jeep Corp doesn't call you back, just to see how it turned out. They have stepped up customer service a notch IMHO.
Unread 01-12-2012, 10:25 PM   #55
BurntClutch
2011 KK Liberty 

Dropped the truck off this morning. Apparently when re-installing the head after the head gasket install, the valve cover gasket was "pinched?" or "crimped?". They replaced the valve cover gasket. Wait and see now. Anyone ever look into the Lifetime warranties for their Jeep?
Unread 01-13-2012, 07:31 AM   #56
jonrjen
2011 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurntClutch View Post
Dropped the truck off this morning. Apparently when re-installing the head after the head gasket install, the valve cover gasket was "pinched?" or "crimped?". They replaced the valve cover gasket. Wait and see now. Anyone ever look into the Lifetime warranties for their Jeep?
Lets take a look at this question: A lifetime warranty that covers work preformed on you Jeep by the same people who have been the biggest part of your service headache.....I'd have to think on that one pretty hard.

Of course now if you could get Jeep to give you the warranty for no charge due to the problems you have had.....take it!!
Unread 01-13-2012, 10:46 PM   #57
BurntClutch
2011 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonrjen View Post
Lets take a look at this question: A lifetime warranty that covers work preformed on you Jeep by the same people who have been the biggest part of your service headache.....I'd have to think on that one pretty hard.

Of course now if you could get Jeep to give you the warranty for no charge due to the problems you have had.....take it!!
I know what you're saying, but if this stuff had happened to me out of warranty, I'd be screwed. My plan was, and still is, to keep the KK for a long time. I thought 5 years 100,000 miles would be fine, but now I'm a little worried. My '08 KK had zero issues, and that year I believe came with Lifetime powertrain. Just curious if anyone's bought the Lifetime or thinks it's worth the money. Would my problems be covered by powertrain warranty? Or headgaskets and seals only covered in the bumper to bumper? I believe that's 3 years 36,000 miles.
Unread 01-14-2012, 10:41 AM   #58
jonrjen
2011 KK Liberty 

FWIW, I have a friend who is a service advisor at a large Jeep dealership. He thinks that if you plan to keep it a long period of time and want to have piece of mind buy the warranty. As he put it, with todays labor rates, not even taking into account the parts, the warranty could easily pay for itself in one major repair.
IN the days of past I never believed in extended warranties. However now with all the government mandaited crap manufactures have to deal with, which in turn mean you will have to deal with it at some point on your dollar.
And while much of the computer stuff can be traced with a check engine light code.....it ain't always as easy as it sounds.
Unread 01-14-2012, 09:04 PM   #59
streetglideok
2005 KJ Liberty 

I havent found an extended warranty worthwhile in most cases. Once in a while it does pay though. If you figure the cost of the warranty, most of the time your one big repair wont be as big as that, not to mention the interest over time you paid on your note. If you maintain your vehicle properly, and do not abuse it, very rarely will you have an issue out of warranty. Most cases, when there is a major mechanical failure, owner neglect, or abuse is the primary cause. And no, just because you changed your oil at 2k intervals the last two times it was done, it wont fool us,lol.
Unread 01-15-2012, 09:06 PM   #60
Skipper6413
2011 KK Liberty 

When considering the extended warranty, couple of things: the price is highly negotiable! I don't normally get it, but the dealer cut a deal I couldn't refuse. Also, check on the deductible cost before signing papers. Once again, NEGOTIABLE! Given what you have been through, I'd think you are in a position for them to bend more than a little!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.