oil change question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > oil change question

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 07-27-2011, 02:32 PM   #1
tbeaton

oil change question

took my wifes renegade in for its first oil change as the info center on the dash was driving her crazy. it came on at 2500 miles which to me is bull ****, should get at least 3k out of it. now the damn info center is still dinging and driving her nuts. do we have to reset it every time or something? if so how do we do it?

tbeaton is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-27-2011, 03:54 PM   #2
Elt31987

2008 KK Liberty 

If you want to reset it, turn the key to the ON position but dont start the engine, pump the gas 5 times then start the engine
Daystar 2" Spacer Lift With SkyJacker Hydro Shocks
JBA Gen 5.5 Upper Control Arms
Rokmen Riddler 8.25 Differential Cover
2 KC Slimlite 100 Watt Driving Lights on JK Light Bar
245/75/16 All Terrains
Mopar Front Tow Hooks
Mopar Rear Tow Hook
Mopar Skids
Elt31987 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-30-2011, 09:18 PM   #3
GearGuy10
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elt31987 View Post
If you want to reset it, turn the key to the ON position but dont start the engine, pump the gas 5 times then start the engine
My wife's '09 only takes 3 pumps on the pedal to reset it. Again, key on and without starting the engine.

HERS: 2009 Liberty Sport Light Graystone Pearl
100% Stock
GearGuy10 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-30-2011, 09:21 PM   #4
tjkj2002
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbeaton View Post
took my wifes renegade in for its first oil change as the info center on the dash was driving her crazy. it came on at 2500 miles which to me is bull ****, should get at least 3k out of it. now the damn info center is still dinging and driving her nuts. do we have to reset it every time or something? if so how do we do it?
Your oil change light will turn on based on driving habits.Being brand new and the engine needs to be broken in 2500 miles is not bulls**t.I wouldn't go 100 miles on a new engine before changing the oil and filter,not a joke or myth either but common sense when you actually know what happens when your engine is breaking in.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.