off road tires on the liberty jet? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > off road tires on the liberty jet?

Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 01-24-2012, 06:56 PM   #1
jeepnsteven

off road tires on the liberty jet?

Im trying to find off road tires I can put on my jet's 20" rim and not rub (minimal rubbing).. with 2" lift.. Any help Im having a hard time finding a set small enough that will fit a 20. do they make them?

jeepnsteven is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-24-2012, 07:07 PM   #2
tjkj2002
2002 KJ Liberty 

They make them but they won't fit on your KK with a 2" lift as they are 35"+ overall.You can get some AT's.

Best bet is to ditch the 20" rims and go to 15" rims or 16" rims.
Unread 01-24-2012, 07:20 PM   #3
smigelskijk
2009 KK Liberty 

I don't think 15s will fit around the calipers
smigelskijk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-24-2012, 07:34 PM   #4
tjkj2002
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by smigelskijk View Post
I don't think 15s will fit around the calipers
With the correct backspacing they will,of course a lift will also be needed.
Unread 01-25-2012, 01:06 AM   #5
Poncherello
2010 KK Liberty 

I think 16-17" rims would be the way to go. It's got to be aesthetic thing, but I never understood why they would put low profile tires on any offroad-vehicle be it a Jeep, SUV, Pick up. When I had 18's on my car had to be real careful just on the normal roads and still bent a couple of them up, but it did help it corner and brake better.

Good luck
Poncherello is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-25-2012, 06:56 AM   #6
huntb
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncherello View Post
I think 16-17" rims would be the way to go. It's got to be aesthetic thing, but I never understood why they would put low profile tires on any offroad-vehicle be it a Jeep, SUV, Pick up. When I had 18's on my car had to be real careful just on the normal roads and still bent a couple of them up, but it did help it corner and brake better.

Good luck
The Jet is not an off-road vehicle. It never got it's trail-rated wings
huntb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-26-2012, 05:13 PM   #7
jeepnsteven

I dont want to switch the wheels I want to make it a mean looking jet thats all but I guess the smallest offroad tire that will fit a 20 is a 35?
jeepnsteven is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-27-2012, 08:39 AM   #8
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

A Jet Edition will never be mean looking, its all about bling on them so you'll have to choose which way you want to go
Unread 01-27-2012, 10:34 AM   #9
92rado

You can get a/t that are smaller than 35. I think it would look sweet on a jet with the factory wheels. Call a tire shop and ask. My friend has 20 with A/T on a factory hieght z71 and there only like 31s.
92rado is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-27-2012, 07:14 PM   #10
Wearyman
2008 KK Liberty 

Heh, Tommud is right.

The Jet is the Jeep entry to the "blingmobile" contest. While it does have 4 wheel drive, it isn't really intended for offroad use. If you wanted a more serious offroad vehicle, you should have gotten a Sport or a Limited.

Although even then, our Libbies aren't heavy-duty off-roaders without some significant upgrades and investment. They CAN be serious off-roaders, even rock crawlers. But again, it's all about how much money you want to spend on it. If you want to make a Jet an off-roader, expect to spend some significant cash.

If you are just looking for funky looking wheels, well then you will still spend some cash, (expensive AT/MT tires, larger lift kit) but maybe a bit less.
Wearyman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.