off road tires on the liberty jet? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > off road tires on the liberty jet?

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!Even Better Heim Pricing! From RuffstuffToxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake Line

Unread 01-24-2012, 05:56 PM   #1
jeepnsteven

off road tires on the liberty jet?

Im trying to find off road tires I can put on my jet's 20" rim and not rub (minimal rubbing).. with 2" lift.. Any help Im having a hard time finding a set small enough that will fit a 20. do they make them?

jeepnsteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2012, 06:07 PM   #2
tjkj2002
2002 KJ Liberty 

They make them but they won't fit on your KK with a 2" lift as they are 35"+ overall.You can get some AT's.

Best bet is to ditch the 20" rims and go to 15" rims or 16" rims.
Unread 01-24-2012, 06:20 PM   #3
smigelskijk
2009 KK Liberty 

I don't think 15s will fit around the calipers
smigelskijk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2012, 06:34 PM   #4
tjkj2002
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by smigelskijk View Post
I don't think 15s will fit around the calipers
With the correct backspacing they will,of course a lift will also be needed.
Unread 01-25-2012, 12:06 AM   #5
Poncherello
2010 KK Liberty 

I think 16-17" rims would be the way to go. It's got to be aesthetic thing, but I never understood why they would put low profile tires on any offroad-vehicle be it a Jeep, SUV, Pick up. When I had 18's on my car had to be real careful just on the normal roads and still bent a couple of them up, but it did help it corner and brake better.

Good luck
Poncherello is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2012, 05:56 AM   #6
huntb
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncherello View Post
I think 16-17" rims would be the way to go. It's got to be aesthetic thing, but I never understood why they would put low profile tires on any offroad-vehicle be it a Jeep, SUV, Pick up. When I had 18's on my car had to be real careful just on the normal roads and still bent a couple of them up, but it did help it corner and brake better.

Good luck
The Jet is not an off-road vehicle. It never got it's trail-rated wings
huntb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2012, 04:13 PM   #7
jeepnsteven

I dont want to switch the wheels I want to make it a mean looking jet thats all but I guess the smallest offroad tire that will fit a 20 is a 35?
jeepnsteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2012, 07:39 AM   #8
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

A Jet Edition will never be mean looking, its all about bling on them so you'll have to choose which way you want to go
Unread 01-27-2012, 09:34 AM   #9
92rado

You can get a/t that are smaller than 35. I think it would look sweet on a jet with the factory wheels. Call a tire shop and ask. My friend has 20 with A/T on a factory hieght z71 and there only like 31s.
92rado is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2012, 06:14 PM   #10
Wearyman
2008 KK Liberty 

Heh, Tommud is right.

The Jet is the Jeep entry to the "blingmobile" contest. While it does have 4 wheel drive, it isn't really intended for offroad use. If you wanted a more serious offroad vehicle, you should have gotten a Sport or a Limited.

Although even then, our Libbies aren't heavy-duty off-roaders without some significant upgrades and investment. They CAN be serious off-roaders, even rock crawlers. But again, it's all about how much money you want to spend on it. If you want to make a Jet an off-roader, expect to spend some significant cash.

If you are just looking for funky looking wheels, well then you will still spend some cash, (expensive AT/MT tires, larger lift kit) but maybe a bit less.
Wearyman is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.