Now that I have Musclez OME lift...questions on install - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Now that I have Musclez OME lift...questions on install

Poison Spyder Ricochet RockersROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 12-19-2013, 12:52 PM   #1
rangerr47
2012 KK Liberty 

Now that I have Musclez OME lift...questions on install

OK so I had to pull the trigger on the lift he just took off. And it just arrived lastnight. I did not realize it included 6 rear ISOs, front top plates and clevis...So I want to know how much actual lift you get with all this? Also does this make it level on the front?

If this is giving more lift that I first thought Im thinking about getting the JBA UCAs since I saved a bit.

I plan on installing this in January just after the holidays so still have time to get anything I may need.

rangerr47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2013, 01:03 PM   #2
Bmxer524
2011 KK Liberty 

It's a 3/8 clevis right?(3 conduit nuts) If so then you WILL need a-arms, unless you choose to just to instal the springs and shocks(I still get spring contact at full droop. I might be able to clock my springs to get rid of it though). In the rear you only need 2 extra rear isolators per side(stock + 2 extra for 3 per side).

This will get you about 3-3.5" and sit level, or very slightly nose high.

This is right after install(with brand new springs and shocks) on 245/75-16s. Literally the week of install and alignment. My driveway isn't the most level down by the street.

This is a month or so later, as things started settling. It's by my girlfriend's house while sitting in the street by a drain.
Unread 12-19-2013, 01:19 PM   #3
rangerr47
2012 KK Liberty 

Unless Im a dork, which is not beyond impossible, its just one metal ring/nut per side. When I looked up clevis images a couple pics showed this item put on the bottom of the strut. So Im assuming here that is what it is, heh.

And on the isolators, would I just put one on top and one on bottom? Like I said he put 3 for each side in the box and have seen pictures again that show 2 on top and one on bottom usually. But if I only need to use 2 , not including the stock one on there to make it more level Im ok with that.

I was only planning on doing springs and shocks so UCAs would not be as necessary, but since its all here I will put it on to get more lift and just buy the arms so I dont have to worry about it.
Unread 12-19-2013, 04:05 PM   #4
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

Most times we do two extra uppers per side and of course one lower ( the stock one) should be level
Should have 3 rings for the clevis ( 3 rings = 3/8 of an inch which gives you 3/4 inch lift )
Unread 12-19-2013, 08:00 PM   #5
Bmxer524
2011 KK Liberty 

Those metal rings are my conduit nuts that I used for my clevis. Both sides have 3 each to make a 3/8" clevis lift.

For isolators, there should be 3 on the top(stock + 2 extra), and 1 on the bottom(stock). This is because the top has a part that they slide over that holds them in place.
Unread 12-20-2013, 06:57 AM   #6
rangerr47
2012 KK Liberty 

OK I will check the boxes again, I did not dig every last piece out, just did a quick check, so its possible I missed the other conduit nuts.

So I guess now the question is do I have to get bump stops for the front and rear? I think thiis and the arms is all Im missing at this point.
Unread 12-20-2013, 07:03 AM   #7
Gageraid
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerr47 View Post
OK I will check the boxes again, I did not dig every last piece out, just did a quick check, so its possible I missed the other conduit nuts.

So I guess now the question is do I have to get bump stops for the front and rear? I think thiis and the arms is all Im missing at this point.
Yes you need bumpstops for front and rear!
The front you can order the Teraflex ones that we all seem to be running,
and if you want to save a few bucks like a few of us, you can use hockey pucks for the rear bump stops.
Google search rear bumpstops using hockey pucks if you're confused.
Gibson exhaust
Gageraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2014, 02:41 PM   #8
rangerr47
2012 KK Liberty 

OK so now that holidays are over, I finally got a chance to open the boxes up and check around for the other rings. There are 3 clevis rings, not 6...not a big deal as I had no idea anything extra was in this other than springs and shocks.

So now that I know what I have on hand...

front top plates, Bilstein shocks and OME springs

rear OME springs, Bilstein shocks and 6 ISOs...

So what combo will make it ride level? (IE: top plates and only 1 ISO will be level ) Im kinda glad it will be right at or just under 3" to be honest, I will get bumpstops but going to hold off on arms for now.
Unread 01-08-2014, 06:59 AM   #9
rangerr47
2012 KK Liberty 

Has anyone done an install using top plates but no clevis before?
Unread 01-08-2014, 07:41 AM   #10
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

Yes, you can do it anyway you want, even no top plate but remember if you don't add the clevis you don't need as many iso's in the back
Unread 01-08-2014, 11:36 AM   #11
rangerr47
2012 KK Liberty 

This is what Im trying to find out, if I go with what I have, top plates but no clevis..how many ISOs should I use in back? I guessing since it was 2 with clevis 1 would be the answer, but I want to be level in the end if at all possible.
Unread 01-08-2014, 11:40 AM   #12
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

One extra upper per side should put you pretty much level .
So you'd have one on the bottom per side and two on top per side
Unread 01-08-2014, 11:56 AM   #13
rangerr47
2012 KK Liberty 

ok cool, so the one stock upper, add extra upper and lower stock only.

Im pretty hyped....

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.