no rental for warranty work? - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > no rental for warranty work?

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsLabor Day Sale!

Unread 10-17-2012, 10:35 AM   #31
theotherone
2008 KK Liberty 

Back when I drove a Chevy truck the dealer would give me a loaner when it was in the shop, which was frequently. Their loaner was a light green 1980ish Pontiac Parisienne. Talk about a classy boat! It never had any gas in it when I picked it up and I'd take it back on fumes. That car had been rode hard and put up wet. No working radio, no air, and it smelled of cigarettes. Still better than bumming a ride to work with my mother.

theotherone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2012, 06:17 PM   #32
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

All of this worrying about if they should or should not provide a car to use
Unless its going to be a long time, 2 -3 weeks, I say no. Huge amount of money would be lost by the dealerships just in cars sitting around. I can see maybe having two or three or better yet a shuttle service.
Of course 17 new vehicles bought over the last 42 years of driving and never once have I taken any of them back for any warranty work.
Was a Service Manager in a Ford Lincoln Mercury dealership back in the late 70s, never had anything like that, no one ever even asked for a "loaner"
Unread 10-17-2012, 10:59 PM   #33
DeltaForceB85
2008 KK Liberty 

Enterprise rents for $21 a day. Not a lot of money lost for customer service sake.
Unread 10-17-2012, 11:10 PM   #34
Poncherello
2010 KK Liberty 

It depends on what contract you sign for. When I purchased the Lib the dealership offered a bronze, silver, gold and platnum warranty each one was like 3yr/ 100K, I took gold enhanced for 4 yr/60K it costed me $700 I think. I am not elgible for a car loaner unless I had a platnum. However, they did give me a loaner from Enterprise which is part of theri dealership, it costed me $5 a day plus gas. I had 12'GC limited which was really sweet and a 12' Sliverado LT Crew Cab which I really liked.
Unread 10-18-2012, 11:13 AM   #35
tjkj2002
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaForceB85 View Post
Enterprise rents for $21 a day. Not a lot of money lost for customer service sake.
It is when you got 50 to 100 rentals to pay for each day per dealership.
Unread 10-19-2012, 12:02 PM   #36
DeltaForceB85
2008 KK Liberty 

Must be a huge dealership if they've got 50 to 100 major repairs that will take longer than a day to make. I don't know of any dealerships in my city that big.
Unread 10-19-2012, 06:51 PM   #37
tjkj2002
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaForceB85 View Post
Must be a huge dealership if they've got 50 to 100 major repairs that will take longer than a day to make. I don't know of any dealerships in my city that big.
Can be that or maore easily if the dealership has a bodyshop attached to it.

When I worked at a GM and Jeep dealership in a small town(15,000 poeple) we could have as many as 75-125 vehicles that required 1(full day) or more days in the shop.Granted most would be in the bodyshop.
Unread 06-11-2013, 03:01 PM   #38
camille3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09_Silver View Post
So I had to take my Liberty in for warranty work on the sky slider roof AGAIN. The roof is not closing all the way and I'm worried about upcoming thunderstorms in the forecast. Dealership said they had to order a part and it will be here end of week. I asked them to provide a rental. They said my warranty won't cover rentals. This is terrible! Just wanted to warn anyone who doesn't know this and also get any comments. Thanks
This IS terrible. I took my 2012 Jeep Wrangler to the shop and they found that my transmission was burnt up inside. It was trying to shift into 4th gear but staying in 3rd. It's been in the shop starting on the 2nd week. And between my insurance and warranty, it doesn't cover a rental. I'm not sure why we pay all this money for all the "extras".
camille3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.