no rental for warranty work? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > no rental for warranty work?

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueStainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 10-04-2011, 02:30 PM   #16
RB145
2011 WK 

Yea I would never buy an aftermarket warrenty they are usually a pain. If you had a chrysler warrenty it would be covered.

RB145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2011, 12:21 AM   #17
marlon_jbt
2010 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RB145 View Post
Sometimes on a brand new vehicles a dealer can call and get a rental covered if its something that takes it out of service for several days.
It doesn't even have to be several days for the Chrysler Service Contract to cover a rental. It can be a matter of hours. Trust me, I know... I used it several times on a Avenger I purchased a Service Contract on....

Sure did come in handy. Glad I got rid of that thing!
Unread 10-17-2011, 04:29 PM   #18
VMF
2008 KK Liberty 

factory warranty covers the rental, if the car is inoperable. if you are waiting for a part, then its not covered, once the part arrive and it seems like it will take em longer then a day then they cover it.
2004 UCF31. Black
2001 EM2. Inca pearl
2012 UD Limited. Royal Gray
VMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2011, 04:57 PM   #19
RB145
2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMF View Post
factory warranty covers the rental, if the car is inoperable. if you are waiting for a part, then its not covered, once the part arrive and it seems like it will take em longer then a day then they cover it.
Factory warrenty does not cover a rental ever. Only if you get the chrysler service contract.
Unread 10-17-2011, 05:40 PM   #20
VMF
2008 KK Liberty 

interesting, i guess the enterprise was giving me the car for no reason?
2004 UCF31. Black
2001 EM2. Inca pearl
Unread 10-17-2011, 06:26 PM   #21
RB145
2011 WK 

Quote:
interesting, i guess the enterprise was giving me the car for no reason?
Sometimes in good faith the dealer can call and chrysler will sometimes cover the rental if it is a new vehicle and depending what the problem is. But they do not have to. The factory warrenty DOES NOT cover a rental and that's a fact.
Unread 10-17-2011, 06:48 PM   #22
tjkj2002
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RB145 View Post
Sometimes in good faith the dealer can call and chrysler will sometimes cover the rental if it is a new vehicle and depending what the problem is. But they do not have to. The factory warrenty DOES NOT cover a rental and that's a fact.
Yep and it's clearly stated in the warranty manual.
Unread 10-17-2011, 08:00 PM   #23
WA_KK
2008 KK Liberty 

Just find a good dealer. Most of the ones around here (Seattle) provide you a rental

Sent from my HTC EVO using JeepForum
WA_KK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2011, 08:44 PM   #24
VMF
2008 KK Liberty 

i didnt even have to ask them. they just said to go to the enterprise and get a car. happend all 4 times i went there
btw they only pay 35 a day
now with extended warranty i get the rental as well
2004 UCF31. Black
2001 EM2. Inca pearl
Unread 10-17-2011, 10:07 PM   #25
tjkj2002
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WA_KK View Post
Just find a good dealer. Most of the ones around here (Seattle) provide you a rental

Sent from my HTC EVO using JeepForum
Quote:
i didnt even have to ask them. they just said to go to the enterprise and get a car. happend all 4 times i went there
btw they only pay 35 a day
now with extended warranty i get the rental as well
Most dealers will give a free rental/loaner but that # is declining due to the economy.Large volume dealers could have 50+ vehicles waiting for parts,$35 time 50 per day really cuts into the margin.Most have no idea theamount of overhead in any automotive shop.

The basic 3/36 warranty does not cover a rental/loaner vehicle(again dealers can provide one but not required) but service contracts have free rentals.Service contracts do not take effect until after the basic warranty expires so no manitory free rentals until your out of basic warranty even if you buy the service contract when brand new.
Unread 10-18-2011, 05:41 AM   #26
VMF
2008 KK Liberty 

the chrysler max care starts from the day you purchase the car from the dealer and works in addition to the factory warranty. the one i bought is 7 years or 70k miles. but since i bought it when the car was 3 years old with 35k miles. i only have 4 years and 35k miles left on the extended warranty contract
2004 UCF31. Black
2001 EM2. Inca pearl
Unread 11-24-2011, 11:26 AM   #27
greyghost1
2012 KK Liberty 

I had the dealer add it in for free as part of the deal for buying my 2012 Liberty Sport, it was all part of the negotiating I did with them to squeeze them as hard as I could to get the best deal I could, they seemed to throw it in pretty easy, I mentioned to them that the GM cars I have had in the past had it standard as part of the warranty and that I was worried that with Jeep's reputation for poor quality I would be stuck paying for a rental all the time the vehicle was in the shop. I told them if they really stood behind their product they would throw in a free rental anytime the vehicle was in for warranty work for an extended period of time. I was disappointed Chrysler didn't throw it in as standard the way GM does but when the dealership ageed to it I bought the vehicle. I really hope I don't have to use a rental much but I got it just in case.
greyghost1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2012, 09:09 PM   #28
PRLibertyowner
2011 KK Liberty 

No loaner for 2 days of warranty work!

We took our 2011 Liberty into the dearlership for warranty work. The center console has to be removed to discover the origins of a metalic sqeaking noise. We were advised that PR law states that a rental is only provided if the car is in the shop for more than 5 days!!! The closest dealership is 45 minutes away....all this and you still pay almost 38% more for a Jeep in Puerto Rico. I bought a VW bug in Virginia and everytime the car was in the shop for warranty work (even for a couple of hours) I was provided a loaner car...and hello, the VW cost $10,000 less than I paid for the Liberty. I am not impressed. Your company is only as good as the product you sell and service you render. A company that doesnt stand behind thier product 100% and LISTEN/ACT on it's customers complaints doesnt deserve repeat patronage.
PRLibertyowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2012, 05:36 AM   #29
JeepCares

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRLibertyowner View Post
We took our 2011 Liberty into the dearlership for warranty work. The center console has to be removed to discover the origins of a metalic sqeaking noise. We were advised that PR law states that a rental is only provided if the car is in the shop for more than 5 days!!! The closest dealership is 45 minutes away....all this and you still pay almost 38% more for a Jeep in Puerto Rico. I bought a VW bug in Virginia and everytime the car was in the shop for warranty work (even for a couple of hours) I was provided a loaner car...and hello, the VW cost $10,000 less than I paid for the Liberty. I am not impressed. Your company is only as good as the product you sell and service you render. A company that doesnt stand behind thier product 100% and LISTEN/ACT on it's customers complaints doesnt deserve repeat patronage.
I have no idea what the laws are in Puerto Rico.

If you need assistance, you can contact the Chrysler Customer Relations Office for Puerto Rico and U.S. Virgin Islands

Phone: (787) 782-5757

Hours of operation: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. (Eastern Time), Monday - Friday
JeepCares is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2012, 12:54 AM   #30
DeltaForceB85
2008 KK Liberty 

I hate it when people try to screw their clients over just to pinch a few pennies. I had a similar experience with an insurance company.

Their insured rear ended me while I was slowing down to turn onto my street.

Louisiana law is written so that pretty much no matter what the reason is, if someone runs into the back of you, they are at fault.

I told then all I wanted was for them to fix my car and give me a rental. They screwed me out of my rental for a month and a half and refused to do anything about my car.

Good part: Got a great attorney, and when he got through with them I had enough money to buy a new jeep. Now they are steadily racking up medical bills and pain and suffering claims they have to pay.

And I am steadily Rollin' in my new jeep. :-)

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.