JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   KK Liberty Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f292/)
-   -   no rental for warranty work? (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f292/no-rental-warranty-work-1272350/)

09_Silver 10-03-2011 03:08 PM

no rental for warranty work?

So I had to take my Liberty in for warranty work on the sky slider roof AGAIN. The roof is not closing all the way and I'm worried about upcoming thunderstorms in the forecast. Dealership said they had to order a part and it will be here end of week. I asked them to provide a rental. They said my warranty won't cover rentals. This is terrible! Just wanted to warn anyone who doesn't know this and also get any comments. Thanks

ds6310 10-03-2011 05:37 PM

Warranties usually don't cover rentals unless the vehicle is inoperable.

streetglideok 10-03-2011 06:26 PM

the bumper to bumper warranty normally wont cover rentals, a crock I know. Sometimes the extended warranty will. You may check with your insurance company, they may cover it for you though.

hogowner 10-03-2011 06:37 PM

At my dealer....when I bought my car...they offered rental for me when I bring my car into repair....

When I bought it 2 weeks ago..they gave me a rental......

tjkj2002 10-03-2011 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hogowner (Post 12265011)
At my dealer....when I bought my car...they offered rental for me when I bring my car into repair....

When I bought it 2 weeks ago..they gave me a rental......

Rentals for warranty work are at the dealers discrection,they do not have to give one and that is clearly stated in the warranty manual.

jeepin79 10-03-2011 09:51 PM

I have the max care warranty and it specifically says they will provide a rental anytime i need to leave my car with them. You may want to check the fine print.

hogowner 10-04-2011 05:58 AM

At the time I bought my car...they were having a promotion....rental car not only for warranty work...but also for oil changes, inspections (which is also free) etc.....

I went in for an oil change 2 weeks ago...had some errands to run...so I got a rental car.....after I finished my errands.....I bought the rental car back and picked up my car.

jeepin79 10-04-2011 08:43 AM

I believe the original 3/36k warranty will only give you a loaner if they keep your car overnight. I am pretty sure thats most car dealers, not just Jeep. Call Jeep customer and ask them, dont specifically tell them your situation, just ask a general question.

09_Silver 10-04-2011 09:25 AM

Thanks for the replies. It's just disappointing. I wish my dealership would take care of me. They just don't seem to really care.

marlon_jbt 10-04-2011 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeepin79 (Post 12267765)
I believe the original 3/36k warranty will only give you a loaner if they keep your car overnight. I am pretty sure thats most car dealers, not just Jeep. Call Jeep customer and ask them, dont specifically tell them your situation, just ask a general question.

The 3/36 doesn't cover rentals at all. Neither does the 5/100 or Lifetime Powertrain Warranties.

You want a guaranteed rental? Buy a Chrysler Service Contract. Most have at the very least a one day rental included.

09_Silver 10-04-2011 11:42 AM

My Chevy warranty gets me a rental. I thought I had all the coverage in the world with my Jeep. I bought an extended bumper to bumper, bought the maintenance plan, etc. No rental for me! Just doesn't seem right.

marlon_jbt 10-04-2011 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 09_Silver (Post 12268772)
My Chevy warranty gets me a rental. I thought I had all the coverage in the world with my Jeep. I bought an extended bumper to bumper, bought the maintenance plan, etc. No rental for me! Just doesn't seem right.

Was it an official Chrysler Service Contract? (Extended B2B?)

RB145 10-04-2011 01:43 PM

[QUOTE=09_Silver;12268772]My Chevy warranty gets me a rental. I thought I had all the coverage in the world with my Jeep. I bought an extended bumper to bumper, bought the maintenance plan, etc. No rental for me! Just doesn't seem right.[/QUOTE

The standard factory warrenty's DO NOT cover rental cars. If you really have an extended bumper to bumper Chrysler warranty it would be covered. Sometimes on a brand new vehicles a dealer can call and get a rental covered if its something that takes it out of service for several days.

09_Silver 10-04-2011 02:15 PM

I bought the extended b to b from the dealership when I bought the Jeep. The service contract I bought at the dealership at the same time. It's a Lancar maintenance program.

tjkj2002 10-04-2011 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 09_Silver (Post 12269699)
I bought the extended b to b from the dealership when I bought the Jeep. The service contract I bought at the dealership at the same time. It's a Lancar maintenance program.

In bold is why you do not get a free rental,it's not a Chrysler service contract.

The time now is 06:51 PM.