No heat-2009 liberty -help! - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > No heat-2009 liberty -help!

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Safety Thimble FairleadsEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Reply
Unread 10-13-2013, 09:56 PM   #1
matthewz100
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: westbury, ny
Posts: 4
No heat-2009 liberty -help!

Folks,2009 jeep liberty
Had to turn on the heat this week for the first time this year and wonderful--no heat! blower fan works fine. reading up I see there are actuators that go bad? How many---electric? vacuum? Can anyone explain to me the heating components and their removal/troubleshooting process. I'll check to make sure heater hoses are both hot in the morning. thanks . bbbbrrrrr

matthewz100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-14-2013, 10:00 AM   #2
carlosburitica
Registered User
2010 KK Liberty 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: fort lauderdale, FLORIDA
Posts: 172
it happened to mine. i used my shop vac to blow air trought the vents and the actuator doors started to work again. change your cabin filter if you have one.
carlosburitica is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-16-2013, 06:36 AM   #3
matthewz100
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: westbury, ny
Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosburitica View Post
it happened to mine. i used my shop vac to blow air trought the vents and the actuator doors started to work again. change your cabin filter if you have one.
thanks--did you blow right into top vents or floor outlet? Where is actually the "mix" door located? thanks again.
matthewz100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-16-2013, 10:58 AM   #4
carlosburitica
Registered User
2010 KK Liberty 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: fort lauderdale, FLORIDA
Posts: 172
all vents, basically floor and front vents. hard to get to the top vents. did it wile switching to different positions
carlosburitica is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-22-2013, 12:00 PM   #5
fireman_343
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Columbus, Oh
Posts: 29
My wife's just did this too.. Heater hoses are hot to the touch, blows air, just isn't hot. I can hear the doors work when I switch from floor to vent, etc.. Also tried the turn to cold and then turn slowly to hot and no go..
Scheduled service at the dealer she got it from for Tues next week.. But, it's cold in the mornings so I might try the air trick or disconnect the battery to reset everything...
Anyone else have any ideas or have this problem
__________________
-Brian
97 TJ Sahara, 4.88's, 6" lift, 37" tires, flat fenders, etc...
fireman_343 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-23-2013, 12:41 PM   #6
Slayers
Registered User
2008 KK Liberty 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Dearborn Heights, MI
Posts: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by fireman_343 View Post
My wife's just did this too.. Heater hoses are hot to the touch, blows air, just isn't hot. I can hear the doors work when I switch from floor to vent, etc.. Also tried the turn to cold and then turn slowly to hot and no go..
Scheduled service at the dealer she got it from for Tues next week.. But, it's cold in the mornings so I might try the air trick or disconnect the battery to reset everything...
Anyone else have any ideas or have this problem
When you say the heater hoses are hot are you check the hoses going into the firewall?

Matthew there are a few pieces in the vent system that can go bad but they are not easy to work on.

You would have to take apart the hole dash just to start to work on the system and once you do that it opens up a hole can of worms.
Slayers is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-25-2013, 10:23 AM   #7
fireman_343
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Columbus, Oh
Posts: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayers View Post
When you say the heater hoses are hot are you check the hoses going into the firewall?

Matthew there are a few pieces in the vent system that can go bad but they are not easy to work on.

You would have to take apart the hole dash just to start to work on the system and once you do that it opens up a hole can of worms.
Yes.. Both heater hoses going into the firewall are hot. I've tried everything.. Disconnect battery, blow air thru the vents, cycled knobs, check thermostat, still just cold air going thru all the vents.

I've scheduled a trip to the dealer since my wife has an extended warranty and I'll post up what they say. I'm thinking it's the heater core that went bad..
__________________
-Brian
97 TJ Sahara, 4.88's, 6" lift, 37" tires, flat fenders, etc...
fireman_343 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-25-2013, 11:06 AM   #8
carlosburitica
Registered User
2010 KK Liberty 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: fort lauderdale, FLORIDA
Posts: 172
it is one of the actuators. mine got loose with the shop vac. and didn't get stock ever again.
carlosburitica is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-25-2013, 07:57 PM   #9
fireman_343
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Columbus, Oh
Posts: 29
Yeah.. I took my leaf blower to the vents and it still didn't work!! Ahhhh
__________________
-Brian
97 TJ Sahara, 4.88's, 6" lift, 37" tires, flat fenders, etc...
fireman_343 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-27-2013, 09:50 AM   #10
Poncherello
Moderator
2010 KK Liberty 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Paterson, New Jersey
Posts: 1,009
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosburitica
it is one of the actuators. mine got loose with the shop vac. and didn't get stock ever again.
Same thing happened to me one of the actuators wasn't working right.
__________________
When you get knee-deep in a situation, floor it.
Poncherello is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-29-2013, 10:37 AM   #11
fireman_343
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Columbus, Oh
Posts: 29
Dealer said it was the heater core that's plugged up... $1100 to fix, but the damn core is only. $135
I think I'll try a flush first and if that doesn't work, I'll attempt the fix it myself due to the fact that it's going to be so much for them to pull the dash
Are there any how to pics on how to replace the core.. I'll do a search for it
__________________
-Brian
97 TJ Sahara, 4.88's, 6" lift, 37" tires, flat fenders, etc...
fireman_343 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-03-2013, 08:03 AM   #12
LUV4JEEP
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by fireman_343
Dealer said it was the heater core that's plugged up... $1100 to fix, but the damn core is only. $135 I think I'll try a flush first and if that doesn't work, I'll attempt the fix it myself due to the fact that it's going to be so much for them to pull the dash Are there any how to pics on how to replace the core.. I'll do a search for it
What was the finally result on this?? My heat has been acting up lately
LUV4JEEP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Thread Tools






Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.