JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   KK Liberty Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f292/)
-   -   No heat-2009 liberty -help! (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f292/no-heat-2009-liberty-help-1681721/)

matthewz100 10-13-2013 08:56 PM

No heat-2009 liberty -help!
 
Folks,2009 jeep liberty
Had to turn on the heat this week for the first time this year and wonderful--no heat! blower fan works fine. reading up I see there are actuators that go bad? How many---electric? vacuum? Can anyone explain to me the heating components and their removal/troubleshooting process. I'll check to make sure heater hoses are both hot in the morning. thanks . bbbbrrrrr

carlosburitica 10-14-2013 09:00 AM

it happened to mine. i used my shop vac to blow air trought the vents and the actuator doors started to work again. change your cabin filter if you have one.

matthewz100 10-16-2013 05:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carlosburitica (Post 16823481)
it happened to mine. i used my shop vac to blow air trought the vents and the actuator doors started to work again. change your cabin filter if you have one.

thanks--did you blow right into top vents or floor outlet? Where is actually the "mix" door located? thanks again.

carlosburitica 10-16-2013 09:58 AM

all vents, basically floor and front vents. hard to get to the top vents. did it wile switching to different positions

fireman_343 10-22-2013 11:00 AM

My wife's just did this too.. Heater hoses are hot to the touch, blows air, just isn't hot. I can hear the doors work when I switch from floor to vent, etc.. Also tried the turn to cold and then turn slowly to hot and no go..
Scheduled service at the dealer she got it from for Tues next week.. But, it's cold in the mornings so I might try the air trick or disconnect the battery to reset everything...
Anyone else have any ideas or have this problem

Slayers 10-23-2013 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fireman_343 (Post 17052082)
My wife's just did this too.. Heater hoses are hot to the touch, blows air, just isn't hot. I can hear the doors work when I switch from floor to vent, etc.. Also tried the turn to cold and then turn slowly to hot and no go..
Scheduled service at the dealer she got it from for Tues next week.. But, it's cold in the mornings so I might try the air trick or disconnect the battery to reset everything...
Anyone else have any ideas or have this problem

When you say the heater hoses are hot are you check the hoses going into the firewall?

Matthew there are a few pieces in the vent system that can go bad but they are not easy to work on.

You would have to take apart the hole dash just to start to work on the system and once you do that it opens up a hole can of worms.

fireman_343 10-25-2013 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slayers (Post 17084242)
When you say the heater hoses are hot are you check the hoses going into the firewall?

Matthew there are a few pieces in the vent system that can go bad but they are not easy to work on.

You would have to take apart the hole dash just to start to work on the system and once you do that it opens up a hole can of worms.

Yes.. Both heater hoses going into the firewall are hot. I've tried everything.. Disconnect battery, blow air thru the vents, cycled knobs, check thermostat, still just cold air going thru all the vents.

I've scheduled a trip to the dealer since my wife has an extended warranty and I'll post up what they say. I'm thinking it's the heater core that went bad..

carlosburitica 10-25-2013 10:06 AM

it is one of the actuators. mine got loose with the shop vac. and didn't get stock ever again.

fireman_343 10-25-2013 06:57 PM

Yeah.. I took my leaf blower to the vents and it still didn't work!! Ahhhh

Poncherello 10-27-2013 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carlosburitica
it is one of the actuators. mine got loose with the shop vac. and didn't get stock ever again.

Same thing happened to me one of the actuators wasn't working right.

fireman_343 10-29-2013 09:37 AM

Dealer said it was the heater core that's plugged up... $1100 to fix, but the damn core is only. $135
I think I'll try a flush first and if that doesn't work, I'll attempt the fix it myself due to the fact that it's going to be so much for them to pull the dash
Are there any how to pics on how to replace the core.. I'll do a search for it

LUV4JEEP 11-03-2013 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fireman_343
Dealer said it was the heater core that's plugged up... $1100 to fix, but the damn core is only. $135 I think I'll try a flush first and if that doesn't work, I'll attempt the fix it myself due to the fact that it's going to be so much for them to pull the dash Are there any how to pics on how to replace the core.. I'll do a search for it

What was the finally result on this?? My heat has been acting up lately


The time now is 08:59 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.