No Bus error. Need Help Fast! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > No Bus error. Need Help Fast!

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank Skid

Unread 12-19-2010, 07:55 AM   #1
theonlyMcG
2008 KK Liberty 

No Bus error. Need Help Fast!

I have a 2008 Jeep Liberty with ~77000 miles on it. So I have been working on this last night and this morning. This might get a bit lengthy but I want to include everything I know. Last night I got off work at 5:00 pm and got out to my car and it started fine, drove it the grocery store picked up some food came out and it started fine again, no noticeable differences in the way it started. Drove it home and was in there for about 15 minutes then went back outside to drive somewhere and it was dead. The keyless entry doesnt work, the interior lights don't turn on when the door is opened, when you turn the key there is absolutely nothing from the engine but the gauge lights and a bunch of the cluster lights come on as well as all the lights down by the hazard lights button and the radio comes on. The only thing I get by the odometer is the "no bu5" error message. The lights that stay solid/don't flash when i turn the key are:
  • Check Engine
  • Electronic Throttle Control
  • Low Fuel
  • Charging System Warning
  • Oil Pressure
  • Security Red Light
  • BRAKE
  • ESP/BAS
The only one that flashes is the TPMS light. I don't really know where to start looking to diagnose this one and I am afraid that it is going to be expensive to fix. From what I understand is that the ECU or some other part of the electrical system has lost communication with the bus and that is what is throwing this error, but I don't really know where to go from there. Sorry for the long post I just wanted to include information hoping someone could help.

theonlyMcG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2010, 11:59 AM   #2
richd
2008 KK Liberty 

This sounds like a WCM problem.I had this problem on my 08 KK.and it did the same thing,there is also a TSB for this problem.First thing to do is check the fuse for WCM,if its OK,unhook your battery for about a min.,and hope the WCM resets,if not you may need to replace the WCM.Here is the TSB:

https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B8C...out=list&num=5
richd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2010, 04:45 PM   #3
SuperRliBerty
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by richd View Post
This sounds like a WCM problem.I had this problem on my 08 KK.and it did the same thing,there is also a TSB for this problem.First thing to do is check the fuse for WCM,if its OK,unhook your battery

https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B8C...out=list&num=5
RichD good one.. Chrysler is well aware of the liberty electrical problems and glitches.

Every oil change, I reset the WCM and ECU. This battery quick release mod was very inexpensive and comes in handy:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f292/...e-mod-1120928/
Resonator removed (sounds like a V8 on start up)
SuperRliBerty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2010, 06:04 PM   #4
richd
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperRliBerty View Post
RichD good one.. Chrysler is well aware of the liberty electrical problems and glitches.

Every oil change, I reset the WCM and ECU. This battery quick release mod was very inexpensive and comes in handy:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f292/...e-mod-1120928/
Thanks,it seems like you know the problems.I also have a 06 Charger,and they have the same problem.The electrical system on Chrysler vehicles are a nightmare,the dealers have trouble fixing them.
Unread 12-20-2010, 12:37 PM   #5
SuperRliBerty
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Thanks,it seems like you know the problems.I also have a 06 Charger,and they have the same problem.The electrical system on Chrysler vehicles are a nightmare,the dealers have trouble fixing them.

It all boils down to the on board computer and components. chrysler outsourced the electronic software for their vehicles.

Did you get the hemi on the '06 charger? was at a auto show recently and saw a 3.5L Charger with magnaflow dual exhaust and it sounded great!
Unread 12-20-2010, 03:18 PM   #6
richd
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperRliBerty View Post
It all boils down to the on board computer and components. chrysler outsourced the electronic software for their vehicles.

Did you get the hemi on the '06 charger? was at a auto show recently and saw a 3.5L Charger with magnaflow dual exhaust and it sounded great!
I have the 3.5 with Borla/Mopar dual catback system.It sounds good,plus boost performance and MPGs.A win win
Unread 12-20-2010, 04:23 PM   #7
SuperRliBerty
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
I have the 3.5 with Borla/Mopar dual catback system.It sounds good,plus boost performance and MPGs.A win win
Cool

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.