NH trails and their "rules" - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > NH trails and their "rules"

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOfficial Chassis Saver Rust Preventive Truck & Auto UnFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 08-02-2013, 09:28 AM   #1
mrbeal
2011 KK Liberty 

NH trails and their "rules"

I'm heading to NH soon and want to take the KK out on some trails... I know there are posted signs on some (NO ATV's/NO motorcycles for instance) but not sure how they pertain to a Jeep. To me that sign means Jeeps are excluded from the exclusion and I should be able to go there no problem... am I correct in that thinking? I've looked on line for information about the trails but no luck. I know there are some of you either in NH or that go there so I'm here to ask about what I should expect.

mrbeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2013, 01:04 PM   #2
Drednot
1974 CJ5 

Not exactly sure about NH specifics, but those signs out here generally mean no unlicensed off road vehicles. Your KK should be fine as its usually viewed as a "car".
Some places post those kind of signs to preserve the car width two track with some grass down the middle for dual use as a bridle path for the horses to walk on. The logic being the narrow ATV/dirt bikes will tear that up.
Drednot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2013, 09:05 PM   #3
eoerikson3
2011 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbeal
I'm heading to NH soon and want to take the KK out on some trails... I know there are posted signs on some (NO ATV's/NO motorcycles for instance) but not sure how they pertain to a Jeep. To me that sign means Jeeps are excluded from the exclusion and I should be able to go there no problem... am I correct in that thinking? I've looked on line for information about the trails but no luck. I know there are some of you either in NH or that go there so I'm here to ask about what I should expect.
For New Hampshire info you should look in wheeling neighborhood/northeast/New Hampshire on these forums. The guys and gals familiar with the area can better guide you.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Added tow hitch, tow hooks, skid plates, foglight kit and headlight masks, remote start, chrome steps, and Cooper Discoverer A/T3 235/75R16.
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f128/2008-2012-liberty-kk-electrical-parts-1517747/"]Stuff for sale[/URL]
eoerikson3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2013, 06:06 AM   #4
codyjames
2008 JK Wrangler 

Just got home from wheeling in Hancock NH, A lot of the roads you're looking for will be labeled as "Class VI" These are public roads that are no longer maintained, many are closed during the winter. Check out ExploringNH.com Have a good trip. Here are a few pictures a member or my club took from the class VI roads

http://s1274.photobucket.com/user/mi...0Forest%202013

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.