New shocks? - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > New shocks?

The NEW Revolution Gear and Axle from 4LowParts.comTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Reply
Unread 02-12-2014, 07:25 PM   #1
evans956
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 43
New shocks?

My liberty seams to be a little low in the front and very bouncy when driving over bumps. Could I need new shocks or would it mostly be the springs. 95,000 miles on it

evans956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2014, 07:30 PM   #2
tjkj2002
Registered User
2002 KJ Liberty 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Colorado
Posts: 7,942
Quote:
Originally Posted by evans956 View Post
My liberty seams to be a little low in the front and very bouncy when driving over bumps. Could I need new shocks or would it mostly be the springs. 95,000 miles on it
Both are worn.Shocks control the ride and the coils set the ride height.In no way does shocks increase the vehicles ride height.Worn shocks also directly effects braking.
__________________
'02 Liberty sitting on 35" tires,HP44,RockJock60,and AtlasII t-case
tjkj2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2014, 10:45 PM   #3
AtTheHelm
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: South Lake Tahoe, CA
Posts: 714
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjkj2002
Worn shocks also directly effects braking.
X2 watch this
http://youtu.be/5Mr-UgWr8-s
AtTheHelm is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2014, 04:02 PM   #4
evans956
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 43
So any good deals on front shocks and springs? I want stock height and something that won't break the bank. Rear shocks were changed about 10,000 miles ago. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks
evans956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2014, 09:41 PM   #5
AtTheHelm
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: South Lake Tahoe, CA
Posts: 714
Hereis a good deal on some Bilstein front shocks. Old man emu 2925's I THINK are same height and rate as factory, but I couldn't say for sure because I've never seem them installed on a KK.
AtTheHelm is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2014, 05:45 AM   #6
josworth
Registered User
2010 KK Liberty 
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Akron, Ohio (OH)
Posts: 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtTheHelm View Post
Hereis a good deal on some Bilstein front shocks. Old man emu 2925's I THINK are same height and rate as factory, but I couldn't say for sure because I've never seem them installed on a KK.
Where is the good deal on Bilstein's? I am lightly shopping for suspension stuff for mine.. I didn't see any links or mention of a vendor in your post.
josworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2014, 07:23 AM   #7
Neral22
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 11
I bought mine from Jason at Krawl Offroad. Not sure if he is on here, but he is on the "wrangler forum". Good luck. I love my bilstein 5100s!
Neral22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2014, 10:38 AM   #8
AtTheHelm
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: South Lake Tahoe, CA
Posts: 714
Quote:
Originally Posted by josworth
Where is the good deal on Bilstein's? I am lightly shopping for suspension stuff for mine.. I didn't see any links or mention of a vendor in your post.
Forgot to insert the link.. Here ya go
http://bit.ly/JzLIBJ
AtTheHelm is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2014, 06:17 PM   #9
tjkj2002
Registered User
2002 KJ Liberty 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Colorado
Posts: 7,942
Quote:
Originally Posted by evans956 View Post
So any good deals on front shocks and springs? I want stock height and something that won't break the bank. Rear shocks were changed about 10,000 miles ago. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks
Monroe makes "quick struts" (though they are coilover assembly's) with new coils and shocks already assembled for the front so swapping out is a 30min job per side.Pretty good prices also.
__________________
'02 Liberty sitting on 35" tires,HP44,RockJock60,and AtlasII t-case
tjkj2002 is offline   Reply With Quote




Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.