New Purchase Advice - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > New Purchase Advice

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 06-08-2013, 02:43 PM   #1
98ZJ SFD
2012 KK Liberty 

New Purchase Advice

I'm thinking of looking at a 2008 Liberty Limited next weekend. It has 40k miles and they're asking $19,700. Allegedly it has only had one owner. What are some things I should look for when looking at it? How's the longevity of the 3.7L? I had the old I6 in my ZJ so I'm unfamiliar with this motor. It's also been a few years since I've owned a Jeep and have missed it! I also think the asking price is a bit high as I've seen some 2012 sports for that price.

Previous
98 ZJ Laredo SE 4.0, 2" Skyjacker BB, JKS Quicker Discos, Goodyear Wrangler MT/Rs, K&N FIPK, Kolak cat & back exhaust, Westin Safari bar, KC lights
98ZJ SFD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-08-2013, 05:22 PM   #2
BenHoleton
2008 KK Liberty 

Low miles. But the price seems high. I suppose it depends on the options. I just bought a 2008 Sport with 38k for $15,900
BenHoleton is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-08-2013, 05:48 PM   #3
98ZJ SFD
2012 KK Liberty 

I thought it was a bit high myself. That's also just the Internet price. It's got the premium I and II packages.

Previous
98 ZJ Laredo SE 4.0, 2" Skyjacker BB, JKS Quicker Discos, Goodyear Wrangler MT/Rs, K&N FIPK, Kolak cat & back exhaust, Westin Safari bar, KC lights
Unread 06-08-2013, 06:31 PM   #4
AtTheHelm

Def too high on the price. I bought my 2010 in Aug 2010 w 1,500 miles for $18,200.
AtTheHelm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-08-2013, 06:35 PM   #5
98ZJ SFD
2012 KK Liberty 

Good to know. I ran the NADA and the clean retail was $17,300.

Previous
Unread 06-08-2013, 06:35 PM   #6
WhiteOut
Web Wheeler

1998 ZJ 

You guys do understand that the same vehicle will cost different prices in different parts of the country right? Comparing the price to other vehicles of the same mileage/year and options in your state is better than trying to compare across the country and different model years.
WhiteOut is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-08-2013, 06:48 PM   #7
98ZJ SFD
2012 KK Liberty 

I tried to do that but unfortunately couldn't find any limiteds within 50 miles of me.

Previous
Unread 06-08-2013, 07:07 PM   #8
AtTheHelm

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteOut
You guys do understand that the same vehicle will cost different prices in different parts of the country right? Comparing the price to other vehicles of the same mileage/year and options in your state is better than trying to compare across the country and different model years.
I'm in California and everything seems more expensive here.
AtTheHelm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-09-2013, 07:19 AM   #9
Skipper6413
2011 KK Liberty 

Everything in California is more expensive. Liberalism turned loose!
Skipper6413 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-10-2013, 03:32 PM   #10
mrbeal
2011 JK Wrangler 

I bought my '11 Sport a month and a half ago with 40k - $15,500.
mrbeal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-10-2013, 08:37 PM   #11
_benjammin
2012 KK Liberty 

Can't help you with what "a good price" is but the best thing to do is plan on spending another one or two grand...or more and replace the stock suspension.
_benjammin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.