New look! - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > New look!

Official Chassis Saver Rust Preventive Truck & Auto UnRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!1999-2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Headlight Pair

Unread 07-27-2013, 11:26 AM   #31
huntb
2008 KK Liberty 

Lower it! And nitrous!!!

huntb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2013, 09:14 PM   #32
davidshain
2012 KK Liberty 

Here we go! Finished with the front! tinted the turn signals with a transparent black paint. The signal shows up very well and still in orange like it should. Now for tinted windows and black plasti dip the wheels

image-1293977322.jpg
davidshain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2013, 11:11 PM   #33
Poncherello
2010 KK Liberty 

Lib looks good. Sorry not on the site too much anymore my new job has my balls to the wall with work. I was reading through the thread and saw you modified the tires. A couple of things just comes to mind. Years ago I transferred some tires form my Nissan P/U to my Pathfinder about 20K mile down the road the belts inside the tire started to break up. It made some really weird sound. SO when I had it checked my mechanic said I was lucky that I didn't have blow out. Your Lib and BMW sit differently.

Other thing the Lib is much heavier then the BMer' just make sure the tires you have on it have a decent weight rating.

Other than that have fun with it. They made a super charger for the 3.7, but the internals in the engine couldn't handle it and basically guy were blowing it up.

I think though a cool mod which would be both very expensive, need much computer work, and who know what kind of welding maneuvering - would be taking the 8spd transmission being placed on the new Rams and Cherokees to replace the current 4spd.

Good Luck and welcome to the forum.
Unread 08-28-2013, 07:16 PM   #34
davidshain
2012 KK Liberty 

Well so far the Liberty is doing fine. Ride and handling are great! I either need to put a receiver hitch on it and get a 8 foot trailer for hauling or get a truck! I still need to bring it down some and get rid of the wheel well gaps, and make it handle even better. Im not sure how the V6 would sound with single in and dual out but it would look really nice from the back!
davidshain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2013, 08:55 PM   #35
Poncherello
2010 KK Liberty 

If you plan on towing with your Lib feel free to review some of the posts got some good information about do's and don'ts. I bought the Mopar hitch for my and installed it myself, but will have the dealership do the wiring and computer upgrade. I am also thinking about adding the fan, fan clutch and perhaps a tranny cooler. Mine originally did not come with the Trailer package, and I am pssd I should of gotten it when I bought her.
Unread 08-31-2013, 11:18 PM   #36
91AzXJ

2000 XJ Cherokee 

There are probably as many 2WD liberty's and Grand Cherokee's as 4x4. If you're not planning on using 4WD, why would you want to spend the extra $ and have the extra wear and tear on your drivetrain?
91AzXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2013, 12:27 AM   #37
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91AzXJ View Post
There are probably as many 2WD liberty's and Grand Cherokee's as 4x4. If you're not planning on using 4WD, why would you want to spend the extra $ and have the extra wear and tear on your drivetrain?

hardly
Unread 09-01-2013, 01:01 AM   #38
Bmxer524
2011 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91AzXJ View Post
I'm agreeing with Tom here, and besides 4x4 isn't much of a price hike. The resale value alone makes up for it....and then it's also a Jeep. When you think Jeep you think 4x4s and Wrangler/CJs not a 2wd SUV. But hey, it's that person's Jeep, if they wanted a 2wd so be it.
Unread 09-01-2013, 06:07 AM   #39
LKWJEEPER
2009 KK Liberty 

Well in the Charlotte area the Jeep dealers have a ton of 2wd Jeeps. Only because 4x4 is rarely needed unless you plan to wheel. When I had a 2wd jeep before my Liberty I always heard the question "Jeep makes 2wd vehicles?"
LKWJEEPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2013, 07:53 PM   #40
Poncherello
2010 KK Liberty 

It's the same with Pick Up trucks, in warm areas the manufacturers and dealers push the 2wd's. It is also more reliable because there are fewer moving parts one less axle and transfer case. The lib will also be lighter. I think if someone made up a lowered SRT Liberty that would be pretty awesome. I think wheels and tires from a Cherokee SRT or BMW X5 pretty neat and plus help you fill some of that wheel well space. I think Eibach makes springs for the Lib not certain about Hotchkiss and far as shocks you would need to research not certain if Bilstein, KYB, or Koni would have naything available.

Good Luck in whatever you decide and post up some pics.
Unread 12-20-2013, 09:20 AM   #41
bwsooner6
Apprentice

2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKWJEEPER View Post
Well in the Charlotte area the Jeep dealers have a ton of 2wd Jeeps. Only because 4x4 is rarely needed unless you plan to wheel. When I had a 2wd jeep before my Liberty I always heard the question "Jeep makes 2wd vehicles?"
True in Oklahoma too, I had to drive 6 hours to buy my 4x4.
At The Helm Roof Rack & Front Recovery System
bwsooner6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.