New look! - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > New look!

All Bilstein shocks & struts - Lowest Prices Ever and Poison Spyder DeFenders™ - "Tubeless" Jeep FendeSanta Kolak Announces: Kolak Exhaust 20% Off Sale!

Unread 07-16-2013, 10:17 PM   #16
Bmxer524
2011 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidshain View Post
Sorry all for taking your suggestions and opinions all wrong, rough week I guess. I went with smaller tires because I had the two back ones already from my BMW X3 M. The crappy Goodyear OEM tires went bad on me so I had to switch out fast. I kind a liked the look of the wider shorter tires on back so I thought Id just stay with them and go on the front too. Its 2WD so I dont plan on going off road at all with this rig. Im gonna go the street route and go sleek. The more I look at the front of the Jeep it needs the black Jet headlights badly! Too much chrome! so I plan on getting a set from ebay, tint the windows, plasti-dip the wheels, get the Jet chip and MAYBE do the Cold Air Intake or a K&N filter. Thanks all for your suggestions! And LibertyRS tell me more about those springs. david.shainjr@gmail.com
Done right, a lowered KK can look good. LibertyRS pulled it off(and I hate most lowered Jeeps/trucks and low profile tires, especially on Jeeps/trucks). I completely understand why you ended up with smaller tires, but my opinion is just going back to stock height or close to it (29-30" tall). That's just because I think it looks awkward with the tiny wheels and large body and it isn't my cup of tea.

However, if that's the look you like and the look you want then power to ya. It's YOUR Jeep. Do whatever makes YOU happy.

And Defiant , no more being a Richard. The lack of Richards we have and sticking together is what makes us Liberty owners and forums better! lol

Bmxer524 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-16-2013, 10:22 PM   #17
Liberty09MN
2009 KK Liberty 

Quote:
I went with smaller tires because I had the two back ones already from my BMW X3 M. The crappy Goodyear OEM tires went bad on me so I had to switch out fast. I kind a liked the look of the wider shorter tires on back so I thought Id just stay with them and go on the front too
X3M! how do you like that? Parents used to have the X5, and we currently have an X6 5.0. Fun cars!!
Liberty09MN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-16-2013, 10:25 PM   #18
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

Never a good idea to undersize tires especially on a SUV
sure some people do it but not a good idea for your safety and others
Unread 07-16-2013, 11:13 PM   #19
davidshain
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommudd
Never a good idea to undersize tires especially on a SUV
sure some people do it but not a good idea for your safety and others
Oh please! It doesn't hurt to under size tires! The worse thing it can do is throw the speedo off and change the ratio higher. Mine is a 2WD as well so if anything it would help handling by lowering center of gravity.
davidshain is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-16-2013, 11:18 PM   #20
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Oh please! It doesn't hurt to under size tires! The worse thing it can do is throw the speedo off and change the ratio higher. Mine is a 2WD as well so if anything it would help handling by lowering center of gravity.

Don't know much about tire sizing and why certain sizes are installed on different vehicles do you?
Some tire shops that I have managed and owned would not install undersize tires due to insurance regulations
Unread 07-16-2013, 11:40 PM   #21
davidshain
2009 JK Wrangler 

Yes I know a lot about it. I'm done and this isn't the place to argue about it. Lowering, improving suspension, bettering sway bars, and yes changing wheels and tires are all mods that have been done and if done right will improve handling and response immensely! Enough said. Thread stopped!
Unread 07-16-2013, 11:43 PM   #22
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

Not arguing
DISCUSSING

lots of difference
If the tires are the same rating as far as what they can carry then all is OK, but many times people will install tires with a lower load rating that what is required and makes it dangerous
Oh well
Unread 07-17-2013, 08:01 AM   #23
huntb
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted15 View Post
You want to make it scream? Hypertech, trutrac and 4.10 gears. The tach will be a little high but the thing would set you back into the seat pretty hard.
No Hypertech for the 2012 yet Ted. Ask Musclez
huntb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-18-2013, 09:59 AM   #24
davidshain
2009 JK Wrangler 

Attached are some new pics of my project. Still at stock height and thinking of plasti-dipping wheels black. Then we gotta figure out what to do with those HUGE HEADLIGHTS!
1111.jpg

1212.jpg

1313.jpg

Unread 07-18-2013, 10:58 AM   #25
TheMill

Looking good!!

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
TheMill is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-18-2013, 11:46 AM   #26
lfhoward
2008 KK Liberty 

Here is a low-cost alternative to buying the renegade/jet blacked out headlights: http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB...p?f=88&t=55424
You could also paint them any color you wanted.
Unread 07-18-2013, 02:57 PM   #27
Ted15
2010 KK Liberty 

Or you could put on some covers.
Unread 07-18-2013, 10:16 PM   #28
Bmxer524
2011 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfhoward View Post
Here is a low-cost alternative to buying the renegade/jet blacked out headlights: http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB...p?f=88&t=55424
You could also paint them any color you wanted.
Beat me to it. I think a few people went white or did color matching instead of black. All up to you though.
Bmxer524 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-23-2013, 08:34 PM   #29
LibertyRS
2012 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmxer524

Beat me to it. I think a few people went white or did color matching instead of black. All up to you though.
I had all white bezels a while back
LibertyRS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-27-2013, 09:38 AM   #30
davidshain
2009 JK Wrangler 

image-2625219699.jpg

So tis a long shot from my office window but you get the idea of what the final product looks like! It was a real ***** to get the headlights to split and a harder time to reveal them. I ended up using a whole tube of silicone sealer to al and hold the assemblies together along with the clips. I like it though.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.