New look! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > New look!

1984-2001 Jeep Cherokee Rear Leaf Spring (4 Leaf) Pair1984-2001 Jeep Cherokee Front Upper & Lower Control ArSwag Off Road BIG-HIT TJ-YJ Rear Bumper

Unread 07-13-2013, 03:58 PM   #1
davidshain
2009 JK Wrangler 

New look!

So, as I have said before on here I have a Liberty Limited Latitude black 2WD. Indeed edge do something to personalize it so this is what I did and what I plan to do:

image-1930081123.jpg

Above shows all trim and lettering plasti dipped black (except the latitude emblem which I'll do next)
New 255/45-18 lower tires. The stock goodyears were crap and went bad after a year! I had a pair of the 255/45-18's already and tried them, they look ok and speedo isn't off much.

Next is a lowering kit
Cold air intake
Jet chip
Throttle spacer
Maybe a different muffler with dual tailpipes

davidshain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2013, 10:24 AM   #2
xDefiant
2008 KK Liberty 

First thing I would do...trade it in for a 4WD...then I would buy that lowering kit...then sell that to someone with a civic, then buy a lift kit (because you own a Jeep).
PS Throttle spacer doesn't do anything (at least in my experience) their a gimmick..

Deff do the rest of the mods you want though!
xDefiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2013, 12:32 PM   #3
huntb
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidshain View Post
So, as I have said before on here I have a Liberty Limited Latitude black 2WD. Indeed edge do something to personalize it so this is what I did and what I plan to do:

Attachment 645863

Above shows all trim and lettering plasti dipped black (except the latitude emblem which I'll do next)
New 255/45-18 lower tires. The stock goodyears were crap and went bad after a year! I had a pair of the 255/45-18's already and tried them, they look ok and speedo isn't off much.

Next is a lowering kit
Cold air intake
Jet chip
Throttle spacer
Maybe a different muffler with dual tailpipes
Haha, woah those tires are small. Why did you get them so much smaller than stock? At 60mph your speedo is gonna be 5mph off and your shift points are gonna be all messed up
huntb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2013, 01:18 PM   #4
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

Cold air intake is a proven waste of money as well
Unread 07-15-2013, 02:39 PM   #5
huntb
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommudd View Post
Cold air intake is a proven waste of money as well
Oh come on Tom, I know you wouldn't make such claims without at least posting a copy of your works cited page...
Unread 07-15-2013, 04:56 PM   #6
Ted15

2010 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDefiant
First thing I would do...trade it in for a 4WD...then I would buy that lowering kit...then sell that to someone with a civic, then buy a lift kit (because you own a Jeep).
PS Throttle spacer doesn't do anything (at least in my experience) their a gimmick..

Deff do the rest of the mods you want though!
They aren't a gimmick with throttle body injection but they don't work as well as claimed. With direct port injection, the fuel is atomized right into the cylinder. The place where a spacer really shines is under a carburetor but I don't think we have that option lol.
Unread 07-15-2013, 09:19 PM   #7
davidshain
2009 JK Wrangler 

You know, forget it. Talking about bashing someone for trying something different with a 2WD, who is stuck with a 2WD and can't just go trade it in for a 4X4 or I would have. I agree though on the spacer and the CAI. I am going to do the JET chip though and not lower it. The rest I'm gonna do too. So there! I'm gonna make the best out of own a 2WD that I can.
Unread 07-16-2013, 05:57 AM   #8
swamppro
2008 KK Liberty 

David. Don't worry about the bashing. It's your jeep and you can do what you want with it. Make it your own and rock it out.
swamppro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2013, 06:27 AM   #9
huntb
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidshain View Post
You know, forget it. Talking about bashing someone for trying something different with a 2WD, who is stuck with a 2WD and can't just go trade it in for a 4X4 or I would have. I agree though on the spacer and the CAI. I am going to do the JET chip though and not lower it. The rest I'm gonna do too. So there! I'm gonna make the best out of own a 2WD that I can.
David, I wasn't trying to bash you. I was just curious why you got tires that were two inches smaller than stock? Also, I have the K&N and I like it
Unread 07-16-2013, 12:08 PM   #10
LibertyRS
2012 KK Liberty 

Buy my lowering springs!!!!!

It will help with aerodynamics and make the wheels look more at home
LibertyRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2013, 12:40 PM   #11
Ted15

2010 KK Liberty 

You want to make it scream? Hypertech, trutrac and 4.10 gears. The tach will be a little high but the thing would set you back into the seat pretty hard.
Unread 07-16-2013, 12:45 PM   #12
Bmxer524
2011 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted15 View Post
You want to make it scream? Hypertech, trutrac and 4.10 gears. The tach will be a little high but the thing would set you back into the seat pretty hard.
With the tires he has already, I can't imagine where 4.10 gears would put him.
Bmxer524 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2013, 01:29 PM   #13
Ted15

2010 KK Liberty 

Holy crap, I didn't see those.
Unread 07-16-2013, 07:06 PM   #14
davidshain
2009 JK Wrangler 

Sorry all for taking your suggestions and opinions all wrong, rough week I guess. I went with smaller tires because I had the two back ones already from my BMW X3 M. The crappy Goodyear OEM tires went bad on me so I had to switch out fast. I kind a liked the look of the wider shorter tires on back so I thought Id just stay with them and go on the front too. Its 2WD so I dont plan on going off road at all with this rig. Im gonna go the street route and go sleek. The more I look at the front of the Jeep it needs the black Jet headlights badly! Too much chrome! so I plan on getting a set from ebay, tint the windows, plasti-dip the wheels, get the Jet chip and MAYBE do the Cold Air Intake or a K&N filter. Thanks all for your suggestions! And LibertyRS tell me more about those springs. david.shainjr@gmail.com
Unread 07-16-2013, 08:40 PM   #15
xDefiant
2008 KK Liberty 

I was bashing you. Sorry, dick move on my part. I just didn't see tr benefit of putting smaller wheels on a jeep...I also didn't even know they made jeeps in 2wd
xDefiant is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.