New lift kit installation price - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > New lift kit installation price

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 09-17-2013, 08:12 PM   #1
davepesce

New lift kit installation price

So i just ordered my lift kit for my 2010 liberty from the guys over at rockfather. Spent more money than i was originally planning on, so now im worried about the installation fees. I am not all that familiar with auto work so im trying to get a good fair price to have it done. What would be a reasonable price for the installments?

Here are all the parts.
Old Man Emu front custom springs.
Under-the-Top strut cap and spacers for 3" leveling lift in front.
Old Man Emu front strut shocks.(pre assembled)
Full High Density rear poly coil spacer.
Rocky Road engineered rear shocks
INSANE ARMS upper A-arm control arms.

davepesce is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2013, 09:59 PM   #2
AtTheHelm

Shoulda came on and asked about the lift you bought first... I'm sure others will chime in on this.

Anyway, since the front coilovers are already assembled it should take a good shop about 2.5 hrs to install and if they charge $90/hr thats $225 plus alignment. Personally I'd wait till the next day after driving a few miles to align it. Alignment ranges $50-$100.
AtTheHelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2013, 07:15 AM   #3
huntb
2008 KK Liberty 

You're gonna take that lift to a shop and they're gonna call you the next day to tell you that the front strut spacers don't fit and neither do the A-arms... If you can you should return it and buy the full OME kit from Jeepin by Al http://jeepinbyal.com/jeep-liberty-2...ft-kit-kk.html

It says 1.5 inches but it will give you right around 2.5. Then you can order the top plates http://jeepinbyal.com/jeep-liberty-2...plate-set.html and a couple more rear isos http://jeepinbyal.com/jeep-liberty-2...-isolator.html and you should be sitting right around 3"

And the A-arms that will actually fit http://jeepinbyal.com/jeep-liberty-2...er-a-arms.html

As for installation cost, I have no idea. I installed the lift myself. It's not all that hard to do
huntb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2013, 09:34 AM   #4
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by davepesce View Post
So i just ordered my lift kit for my 2010 liberty from the guys over at rockfather. Spent more money than i was originally planning on, so now im worried about the installation fees. I am not all that familiar with auto work so im trying to get a good fair price to have it done. What would be a reasonable price for the installments?

Here are all the parts.
Old Man Emu front custom springs. NOT CUSTOM JUST REGULAR 927 SPRINGS OR WHATEVER YOU ORDRERED
Under-the-Top strut cap and spacers for 3" leveling lift in front. A JOKE
Old Man Emu front strut shocks.(pre assembled)
Full High Density rear poly coil spacer. USING YOUR OLD REAR SPRINGS WILL NOT GIVE YOU A GOOD RIDE SINCE THEY ARE WEAK TO BEGIN WITH
Rocky Road engineered rear shocks ENGINEERED BADLY
INSANE ARMS upper A-arm control arms. SAME HERE ARMS HAVE BEEN KNOW NOT TO FIT PROPERLY AND THEN HAVE ISSUES LATER WHEN TRYING TO ALIGN
As far as cost to install it all depends, most shops do not know how to install a KJ/KK lift and screw it up one way or the other . But one with the springs already compressed ready to install along with UCAs should be in the 2.5-3 hour range plus alignment. Or at least thats what it takes here
Unread 09-18-2013, 02:07 PM   #5
davepesce

Thanks for the tips guys, thought I had this all figured out on my own... Looks like I should of came here from the start
Unread 09-18-2013, 02:58 PM   #6
davepesce

I was luckily able to cancel my order before I lost any money in the process. Thanks for the advise guys, and ill be sure to get the right information from this forum and not what a website tells me from now on.
Unread 09-18-2013, 02:59 PM   #7
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
I was luckily able to cancel my order before I lost any money in the process. Thanks for the advise guys, and ill be sure to get the right information from this forum and not what a website tells me from now on.
Unread 09-18-2013, 06:27 PM   #8
lfhoward
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Unread 09-20-2013, 07:21 AM   #9
taylorgrandorf
2008 KK Liberty 

The local NTB installed my JBA Kit (Just shocks and springs, no arms) for $400 including alignment.
taylorgrandorf is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.