3Likes
  • 1 Post By lfhoward
  • 1 Post By lfhoward
  • 1 Post By tommudd

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 Old 05-08-2016, 04:10 PM Thread Starter
Chereveco

New to KK, some questions here...

Hi, i'm new to this forum, just sold the old 01 XJ and bought an 2008 KK, so... It's time to do the first round of maintenance, so I know how's everything, the first question, will this Spark Plugs work ok for this car, or I better stick with OEM? DENSO # 3371 IRIDIUM PLATINUM power pack Spark Plugs -- SKJ20CR-A8

Plus, is there any method to replace ATF fluid without going to Dealer,?

Is in this forum a D.I.Y. on this?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 05-08-2016, 07:35 PM
buddy07
2012 KK Liberty 

I used OEM plugs.
Lost Jeeps has an awesome D.I.Y. section. Most people on here are also at Lost Jeeps.http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB...?f=104&t=80240

2012 Liberty Sport 4x4
2008 Liberty Limited 4x4
1994 S 10 4x4 3" lift 31x10.50/15"
post #3 of 12 Old 05-09-2016, 09:30 AM Thread Starter
Chereveco

Thanks, gonna CHECK it out

Sent from my HUAWEI GRA-L09 using Tapatalk

Neil Cordoba de Jongh
Costa Rica
post #4 of 12 Old 05-12-2016, 09:49 PM
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chereveco View Post
Hi, i'm new to this forum, just sold the old 01 XJ and bought an 2008 KK, so... It's time to do the first round of maintenance, so I know how's everything, the first question, will this Spark Plugs work ok for this car, or I better stick with OEM? DENSO # 3371 IRIDIUM PLATINUM power pack Spark Plugs -- SKJ20CR-A8

Plus, is there any method to replace ATF fluid without going to Dealer,?

Is in this forum a D.I.Y. on this?

Thanks
Please stick with spark plugs that work, good copper NGK or Champion ONLY, none of the Platinum crap etc
Coppers work the best and are cheap !

04 KJ 4.5 JBA lift, 03 KJ 2.5 JBA coilovers,
post #5 of 12 Old 05-24-2016, 05:09 PM
orionsbelt77

Lib spark plugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommudd View Post
Please stick with spark plugs that work, good copper NGK or Champion ONLY, none of the Platinum crap etc
My Lib has 63,000 miles on it and I do not know if the plugs have ever been replaced. Just how long can a set of plugs last?
post #6 of 12 Old 05-24-2016, 05:30 PM
lfhoward
2008 KK Liberty 

Copper plugs should be changed every 30,000 miles. The longer they go past 30K, the wider the gaps become, leading to less efficient combustion and eventual misfires. Platinum plugs can technically go longer because they are made of a harder metal, but the plain old copper cores have better conductivity and provide the best performance in our engines. I can see going with platinums on a transversely mounted engine where the back 3 plugs are a pain and a half to get to and change out (like on my friend's Ford Escape), but with our 3.7L V6 changing the spark plugs is very easy and so there is no reason not to go with the coppers.
tommudd likes this.
post #7 of 12 Old 05-24-2016, 05:31 PM
lfhoward
2008 KK Liberty 

If your spark plugs are 63,000 miles old, I bet you will see real improvements in mpg and power when you change them.
tommudd likes this.
post #8 of 12 Old 05-24-2016, 06:39 PM
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

As mentioned every 30,000 miles

post #9 of 12 Old 05-24-2016, 09:40 PM
Eric098

I replaced my originals at 67000 for the first time (long overdue....) with some coppers as recommended by most people on here. I ended up with master craft plugs because they didn't have NGKs in stock. Either way it was a noticeable difference. It's worth the change out every 30,000 for $10. Haven't burned a full tank of gas yet to see if the mpg increased but you'll be able to feel the difference accelerating.
post #10 of 12 Old 07-10-2016, 01:01 PM Thread Starter
Chereveco

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommudd View Post
Sorry for the long time lone gone!!!

Thanks for your advice, unfortunately I bought the Iridium Sparks before I read your reply.

Still have the question regarding the ATF, surfing the WEB founded a Deepstick to measure fluid level in my tranny, ( Dorman ).

So, I'm still wondering if there's a way to flush out all the ATF and replace with new one ( already got the deepstick )..., without going to the dealer...

Then, This Jeep I bought it with Goodyears 215/75/16... with 70% of tread remaining...

Which will be the widest size of tire that can be mounted on the original rims. ( thoughts on 245/70/16 minimum 235/70/16, )?

P.D. made a deal with the guy that bought my XJ and we are trading rims... ( OLD KJ with six spokes )... I like very much those rims over the OEM's of this KK.
Attached Images

Neil Cordoba de Jongh
Costa Rica
post #11 of 12 Old 07-11-2016, 12:23 PM
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chereveco View Post
Sorry for the long time lone gone!!!

Thanks for your advice, unfortunately I bought the Iridium Sparks before I read your reply.

Still have the question regarding the ATF, surfing the WEB founded a Deepstick to measure fluid level in my tranny, ( Dorman ).

So, I'm still wondering if there's a way to flush out all the ATF and replace with new one ( already got the deepstick )..., without going to the dealer...

Then, This Jeep I bought it with Goodyears 215/75/16... with 70% of tread remaining...

Which will be the widest size of tire that can be mounted on the original rims. ( thoughts on 245/70/16 minimum 235/70/16, )?

P.D. made a deal with the guy that bought my XJ and we are trading rims... ( OLD KJ with six spokes )... I like very much those rims over the OEM's of this KK.
Any size tire you can run on the Libertys can be run on stock wheels or wheels like came on a KJ/KK
245-70-16s a good size unlifted
Chereveco likes this.

post #12 of 12 Old 07-12-2016, 09:42 AM Thread Starter
Chereveco

Thanks....

I'll be around here!!

Sent from my HUAWEI GRA-L09 using Tapatalk

Neil Cordoba de Jongh
Costa Rica

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.