New KK owner. Need some ideas. - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > New KK owner. Need some ideas.

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all ECGS Black Friday Sale!!6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!

Unread 07-16-2013, 07:21 PM   #31
Rob K
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Hope this info helps someone. I ended up getting Caltrend DuraPlus seat covers. They are a tough back pack like material that is backed with an 1/8 inch of open cell foam. Should last a long time. They only had 4 colors to choose from so I had them do a custom color scheme using 2 of the colors. I had to place the order through one of their vendors. I talked to Jami at AutoAccessores4less and she was very pleasant to deal with and was on top of helping me put in a custom order.

The material does not seem to stretch at all so they are not the easiest to install. There are straps that go under the seats. The back ones are a pain since the seats don't come out and there's not much room to wedge you hands in and pull the straps through. Got it done though. They also show some wrinkles which are supposed to go away somewhat as you break them in. Fit is pretty good, but not perfect. Sprayed them down with a few coats of Camp Dry for more waterproofing and stain resistance.

imgp2093.jpg

imgp2094.jpg

imgp2095.jpg

imgp2096.jpg

imgp2097.jpg

imgp2098.jpg

imgp2099.jpg

imgp2100.jpg

Rob K is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-16-2013, 07:36 PM   #32
Rob K
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Next thing is to tackle the custom canoe rack. Need to figure out a way to have a crossbar near the back window and one close to the front window. Would be nice if they are easily installed and removed.

Had it on the first camping trip this summer. Got to use 4low going up a steep rutted trail with loose rock and while pulling a trailer. Crawled up it without spinning a wheel. Also banged up the rear bumper which was inevitable. Got some scratches/gouges from the trailer tongue and a rock. lol All the more reason for me to paint them black or one step closer to getting some off road bumpers. Now that I think about it I should at least look into getting some tow hooks.
Unread 07-16-2013, 07:48 PM   #33
brunolambert
2008 KK Liberty 

Did you get a ScanGauge2? I'm looking for something like that.
brunolambert is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-16-2013, 10:11 PM   #34
Liberty09MN
2009 KK Liberty 

Never saw your thread before, I like what you're doing to the inside! Hope you are having some luck with your rack! Did you ever try talking to AtTheHelm? He has some great stuff that he's made, he might have some ideas for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackvyper View Post
Check out Torque Pro if you're using an Android phone. I have a Bluetooth OBDII adapter hooked up to my KJ and it works great with my Galaxy Note. It has more gauges than the Space Shuttle.
What adapter did you go with? The link from the app store shows them ranging from dirt cheap up to 300?
Liberty09MN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-16-2013, 11:33 PM   #35
shawnicles
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty09MN View Post
Never saw your thread before, I like what you're doing to the inside! Hope you are having some luck with your rack! Did you ever try talking to AtTheHelm? He has some great stuff that he's made, he might have some ideas for you.

What adapter did you go with? The link from the app store shows them ranging from dirt cheap up to 300?
I bought mine on amazon. Little blue thing. Barely notice it when its plugged in. Works great.
shawnicles is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-17-2013, 08:54 AM   #36
Liberty09MN
2009 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnicles View Post
I bought mine on amazon. Little blue thing. Barely notice it when its plugged in. Works great.
Thanks, went on amazon last night and bought one for about 25$ shipped. Found one with good reviews and some people even mentioning the Torque app. Also got one of those cigarette lighter phone mounts for better viewing, hopefully can handle my Note2! Might have to secure it better haha. Could you point me in the right direction to where this thing will plug in? I have no experience with doing anything to car computers!
Unread 07-17-2013, 09:40 AM   #37
huntb
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Thanks, went on amazon last night and bought one for about 25$ shipped. Found one with good reviews and some people even mentioning the Torque app. Also got one of those cigarette lighter phone mounts for better viewing, hopefully can handle my Note2! Might have to secure it better haha. Could you point me in the right direction to where this thing will plug in? I have no experience with doing anything to car computers!
Underside of the dash on the drivers side
huntb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-17-2013, 12:42 PM   #38
Liberty09MN
2009 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntb View Post
Underside of the dash on the drivers side
Thanks! Would've been my first thought haha, should be pretty obvious where it goes once your in there?
Unread 07-17-2013, 07:42 PM   #39
Rob K
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by brunolambert View Post
Did you get a ScanGauge2? I'm looking for something like that.
Didn't get a Scangauge yet. I'm looking for something with a bigger screen and able to display more data. Need to research some more and save up some money so it probably won't happen until this fall. I can't believe it, but work just got me an Kyocera Torque android phone so I'll have to look into the apps for it as well.
Unread 07-17-2013, 07:50 PM   #40
Rob K
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:

Haven't had a chance to think about the rack. Probably will be a couple weeks before I can start working on it. Haven't talked to AtTheHelm. I likely can use the factory rails to make cross bars. At a glance they look long enough.
Unread 07-18-2013, 01:48 AM   #41
JoeyC99
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob K View Post
Haven't had a chance to think about the rack. Probably will be a couple weeks before I can start working on it. Haven't talked to AtTheHelm. I likely can use the factory rails to make cross bars. At a glance they look long enough.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f292/...rails-1543559/

ATH is making some pretty cool roof rails and racks. Remove the stock ones and these appear to bolt into the roof. Longer and much stronger. Although I haven't personally invested in his work I've seen a lot of the stuff he's built for other members jeeps and he seems to do great work.
JoeyC99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-15-2014, 06:31 PM   #42
kiwi_outdoors
1997 XJ Cherokee 

gages are not worth the trouble

Quote:
Didn't get a Scangauge yet. I'm looking for something with a bigger screen and able to display more data. Need to research some more and save up some money so it probably won't happen until this fall. I can't believe it, but work just got me an Kyocera Torque android phone so I'll have to look into the apps for it as well.
gages other then temperature have never helped me, not once., ever, in 40 years.

Don't waste your time adding gages.
Unread 03-15-2014, 07:51 PM   #43
Rob K
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi_outdoors View Post
gages other then temperature have never helped me, not once., ever, in 40 years.

Don't waste your time adding gages.
Your experience is different than mine. Gauges have given me a heads up on problems and allowed me to monitor things until I could get back home and investigate further.

Not sure what I'm going to do yet. Would love to have a full set of gauges, but for what they cost I'm hoping to figure something else out. I've never used a scan tool, but I wondering if that would be a good alternative. If I get a warning light maybe I can stop and hook up the scan tool to monitor things as I limp it home. Not sure if this is possible. Monitoring a set of gauges would probably be safer.
Unread 03-15-2014, 10:40 PM   #44
Gageraid
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Your experience is different than mine. Gauges have given me a heads up on problems and allowed me to monitor things until I could get back home and investigate further.

Not sure what I'm going to do yet. Would love to have a full set of gauges, but for what they cost I'm hoping to figure something else out. I've never used a scan tool, but I wondering if that would be a good alternative. If I get a warning light maybe I can stop and hook up the scan tool to monitor things as I limp it home. Not sure if this is possible. Monitoring a set of gauges would probably be safer.

A ScanGauge2 can read codes, too. Even a Hypertech programmer can read trouble codes.
Gageraid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.