New KK - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > New KK

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Reply
Unread 02-17-2013, 08:52 AM   #1
10KKLTD
Registered User
2010 KK Liberty 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Danville, NH
Posts: 8
New KK ISSUES!

Hey,

Picking up my new 2010 Jeep KK Limited tomorrow. 51,000 miles paid 16K. What do you think good deal?

To Do list:
-New headlights and fog lights, what bulb is it H13 or 9008? Can I run brighter fog lights than stock without issue?
-Jeep dark slate grey floor mats
-Look into pro's and con's of Daystar 2" lift
-Any other recommendations for the new jeep owner?

Thank for all the great information!

-Matt


Last edited by 10KKLTD; 02-18-2013 at 10:46 AM..
10KKLTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2013, 09:32 AM   #2
AtTheHelm
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: South Lake Tahoe, CA
Posts: 752
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10KKLTD
Hey,

Picking up my new 2010 Jeep KK Limited tomorrow. 51,000 miles paid 16K. What do you think good deal?

To Do list:
-New headlights and fog lights, what bulb is it H13 or 9008? Can I run brighter fog lights than stock without issue?
-Jeep dark slate grey floor mats
-Look into pro's and con's of Daystar 2" lift
-Any other recommendations for the new jeep owner?

Thank for all the great information!

-Matt
Sounds somewhat reasonable for a limited.

Iirc yes h13, go sylvania's website they'll tell you for sure.

Daystar pros- it lifts your vehicle.
Cons. Won't last long, ride quality degrades.. Plus removing and reinstalling the studs sucks and may/may not hold when you try reinstalling them into the factory top plates. A lot of people who get this lift just end up buying a good spring lift with better shocks thus doing it twice. I'm one of them.
AtTheHelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2013, 09:43 AM   #3
KK4x4
Registered User
2009 KK Liberty 
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Bergen County, NJ
Posts: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtTheHelm View Post
Daystar pros- it lifts your vehicle.
Haha yeah that's pretty much it. And I'm glad I came here first before I did anything cause I was going to get this but have decided to save up for an Ome instead.
KK4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2013, 05:16 PM   #4
teckn9ne
Registered User
2010 KK Liberty 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: La Monte, Missouri
Posts: 166
floor mats u can look into weather tech iv been super pleased with my laser cut mats .And OME or ironman best way to go will be cheaper in long run do it 1nce motto.And i run the silverstars H13/9008 been in 2 years with runing daytime running lights my trick is i rub alcohol on the bulb be4 i install u never no what oil is on them from factory.
__________________
2010 Jeep Liberty Sport 4X4 Natural Green Pearl
Silverstar Headlights,Mopar Hitch,Mopar Tow Hook,Mopar Skids,Mopar Locking Lugs,Mopar Remote Start,Factory Sirius Radio,WeatherTech Digital Floor Mats,JCROffroad Stage 3 Sliders,Hankook DynaPro RF10 LT225/75/16,Diehard Platinum P1,JBA 5.5 UCA,OME HD,
teckn9ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2013, 08:01 PM   #5
10KKLTD
Registered User
2010 KK Liberty 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Danville, NH
Posts: 8
For the floor mats i think im going to go with the dark slate grey mopar mats. Im not sure if they will match the interior or not. If i dont go with those i will look into the weather tech. Should i run H13 in both head lights and fog? Is a H13 bulb brighter than an H10?

Thanks for the information

-matt
10KKLTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2013, 10:57 PM   #6
lfhoward
Registered User
2008 KK Liberty 
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Posts: 487
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10KKLTD View Post
For the floor mats i think im going to go with the dark slate grey mopar mats. Im not sure if they will match the interior or not. If i dont go with those i will look into the weather tech. Should i run H13 in both head lights and fog? Is a H13 bulb brighter than an H10?

Thanks for the information

-matt
Hi Matt. I have a set of dark slate grey Mopar mats that I've been trying to sell for a while now. They're in good shape. PM me if interested. Here's my Craigslist link with photos. http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/pts/3625160240.html
__________________
2008 Liberty Sport 4x4 Automatic
lfhoward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2013, 05:56 AM   #7
10KKLTD
Registered User
2010 KK Liberty 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Danville, NH
Posts: 8
Hey,

Im looking into the rubber variety, thanks anyways!

-matt
10KKLTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2013, 07:10 AM   #8
teckn9ne
Registered User
2010 KK Liberty 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: La Monte, Missouri
Posts: 166
That funny i put dark slate mopar mats on ebay yesterday there nice but i decided wethertech is what i wanted from all the muddy places i go.
__________________
2010 Jeep Liberty Sport 4X4 Natural Green Pearl
Silverstar Headlights,Mopar Hitch,Mopar Tow Hook,Mopar Skids,Mopar Locking Lugs,Mopar Remote Start,Factory Sirius Radio,WeatherTech Digital Floor Mats,JCROffroad Stage 3 Sliders,Hankook DynaPro RF10 LT225/75/16,Diehard Platinum P1,JBA 5.5 UCA,OME HD,
teckn9ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2013, 10:44 AM   #9
10KKLTD
Registered User
2010 KK Liberty 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Danville, NH
Posts: 8
Hey,

I just got home with the liberty and already i have a few issues.

1. Every time i take off from a strop, accelerate on the highway, or go around a corner the ESCOFF lights goes on

2. I took it into a parking lot with about an inch of snow and tried the 4wd. It worked but when i tried to take it out of 4wd i got a 4wd, 4low, and SERV 4WD light that came on. It wouldn't come out of 4wd. I shut the car off and turned it on and i could hear it click out of 4wd.

I already contacted the dealer and they said they would look at it no problems, no cost. Anyone know what these issues might be caused by? Is it something that stems from a larger issue?

Any input would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks,

-Matt
10KKLTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2013, 10:10 PM   #10
carlosburitica
Registered User
2010 KK Liberty 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: fort lauderdale, FLORIDA
Posts: 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10KKLTD View Post
Hey,

I just got home with the liberty and already i have a few issues.

1. Every time i take off from a strop, accelerate on the highway, or go around a corner the ESCOFF lights goes on

2. I took it into a parking lot with about an inch of snow and tried the 4wd. It worked but when i tried to take it out of 4wd i got a 4wd, 4low, and SERV 4WD light that came on. It wouldn't come out of 4wd. I shut the car off and turned it on and i could hear it click out of 4wd.

I already contacted the dealer and they said they would look at it no problems, no cost. Anyone know what these issues might be caused by? Is it something that stems from a larger issue?

Any input would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks,

-Matt
Need to put it in neutral before switching from 4w lock to 4w low.
carlosburitica is offline   Reply With Quote




Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.