new jeep owner...tow hooks? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > new jeep owner...tow hooks?

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 05-31-2011, 03:33 AM   #1
kmrcstintn
2011 KK Liberty 

new jeep owner...tow hooks?

I am very new to the Jeep world; I just got a 2011 Liberty Sport (KKJL74) w/ package group 28B, class III tow group, and popular equipment group;

I do not see anything on the window sticker, nor on the front or rear of the vehicle, to indicate that I have tow hooks...are these an 'option' for the Sport model? thanks

kmrcstintn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2011, 10:44 AM   #2
HeadshotSK
2008 KK Liberty 

I'd like to know this. My derelict neighbor has agreed to let me pull a 20' weed out covering his house
and want to use a rope hooked to...something underneath my Jeep. It's the same as above except '08 Ltd./Skyslider version...

is there any point I won't risk abrading/warping the plastic bumpers??
HeadshotSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2011, 11:00 AM   #3
JeepTB

I have a 2009 JK unlimited and it did not come with hooks, I had ordered the standard Jeep front bumber hooks and had it installed at the dealership and I purchashed a smittybilt receiver hitch D ring shackle for the rear.
JeepTB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2011, 11:30 AM   #4
marlon_jbt
2010 KK Liberty 

Yes they are an option. You had to check the "Skid Plate Group" in order to get them.
Unread 05-31-2011, 11:35 AM   #5
HeadshotSK
2008 KK Liberty 

So, any point in the chassis or frame that could be used for minor shrub removal not including towing? ;-)
Or do we have to make sure all roping points are low to the ground?
HeadshotSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2011, 11:39 AM   #6
tjkj2002
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmrcstintn View Post
I am very new to the Jeep world; I just got a 2011 Liberty Sport (KKJL74) w/ package group 28B, class III tow group, and popular equipment group;

I do not see anything on the window sticker, nor on the front or rear of the vehicle, to indicate that I have tow hooks...are these an 'option' for the Sport model? thanks
Can not have the rear tow hook and hitch at the same time,just install a D-ring reciever in the hitch for the rear and order/install front tow hooks.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.