New jeep owner looking for help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > New jeep owner looking for help

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO December Specials at Jeephut.com

Unread 02-20-2013, 07:44 AM   #1
JeepWrestler
2011 KK Liberty 

New jeep owner looking for help

Hi,

I am new to the Jeep community. I just purchased a 2011 jeep liberty and am looking to throw on some custom tires. What are the largest tires can put on w/o having to add a lift? I want the Jeep to sit much higher than it currently does. Does anyone have any suggestions for me?

Thanks,
Nick

JeepWrestler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-20-2013, 08:52 AM   #2
huntb
2008 KK Liberty 

I had 255/65R17's on before I got my lift with no issues
huntb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-20-2013, 10:23 AM   #3
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

if 16 inch wheels then a 245-70-16 is about it
Some have fit larger but theres not much room left for turning etc.
But if you leave it in your driveway you're good
Unread 02-20-2013, 10:39 AM   #4
JeepWrestler
2011 KK Liberty 

Haha thanks. Any suggestions as far as lifts? I know there are a few ways you can have your jeep raised up to fit tires a little bigger.
Unread 02-20-2013, 10:52 AM   #5
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

Ah,......well best to read the tons of posts on lifts instead of us rewriting all the info
but basically a good lift is going to run from 700-3000 depending on what you want
Unread 02-20-2013, 11:51 AM   #6
JeepCares

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommudd View Post
Ah,......well best to read the tons of posts on lifts instead of us rewriting all the info
^^^ try searching

Beware - it starts with tires, then a lift, then??
Unread 02-20-2013, 01:40 PM   #7
Bmxer524
2011 KK Liberty 

If you plan on lifting I would recommend lifting 1st. Why buy tires twice? As Tom said, do a little reading. Check out Jeepinbyal it's 1 of the best places for KK suspension. You can choose to go with the JBA lifts which are expensive but worth the money. Currently the JBA 4" is the biggest we have, but also most expensive. Old Man Emu is popular, Ironman is starting to become popular as well. Just read around there are quite a few choices. Most will recommend going for a full suspension lift over a spacer lift too.
Bmxer524 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-20-2013, 02:25 PM   #8
jonrjen
2011 KK Liberty 

Welcome to the Forum.

I went with 235/75-16 tires on my factory wheels. The improvement in ride was amazing and worth the cost of the tires many times over. Not saying this is the largest you can go my any means, but I wanted to stay well with in factory specs.

Don't take the quick "do a search and read" answers to your question as being short or rude. It is just that this question does get asked quite often and it is usually from a new member within their first couple of post. So some here may be quick to say "Search" forgetting what it was like when they were new to the KK or the forum.

I will tell you do search and read all that you can before making a choice. Not to be rude, but you need to understand that changing tire size can effect other aspects of the KK in areas of acceleration, CPU program that controls your ASB, TC, shift pattern and so on. Some KK also tend to settle on the suspension, meaning what fits and doesn't rub today, may rub down the road. There are also members who will put a certain tire on their KK and another who does the same size and has rubbing at a full turn.

So it is best to have all the information you can find to make your own choices.
Unread 02-20-2013, 03:18 PM   #9
JeepWrestler
2011 KK Liberty 

Thank you very much!
Unread 02-21-2013, 06:32 AM   #10
JeepCares

Not KK specific (it's a JK thread), but try this thread http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/d...hread-1410631/ for more understanding.
Unread 02-21-2013, 07:30 AM   #11
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

That should really confuse them
Unread 02-21-2013, 08:36 AM   #12
huntb
2008 KK Liberty 

So does anyone know where I can get that long arm kit for my Lib??
huntb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-21-2013, 08:39 AM   #13
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntb View Post
So does anyone know where I can get that long arm kit for my Lib??

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.