New here, and to Jeep...questions... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > New here, and to Jeep...questions...

SYE Kits from CCOR! 706-207-4140Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 02-13-2013, 06:55 AM   #1
jeffswench
2010 KK Liberty 

New here, and to Jeep...questions...

I have a 2010 Liberty Sport, very basic model with few additions, and don't have the cd that came with the owner's manual. I have several questions...maybe I can get the answers here, as I've searched the Jeep site/manuals, and I'm still stumped.

Where is the reservior for the rear wiper/washer located? How do I fill it?

How do I access the spare tire?

Once the front wipers have been on, when turning them off the dash lights brighten. Is this normal or is there a short somewhere?

What exactly is the Traction Control feature, and what does it do? When it engages, there is a 'grinding' sound, so I'm assuming it's working, but what happens when it engages? Anything I need to know about it?

I have only the cigarette lighter as a power source (non-smoker) but would like to have another installed. Is it complicated? Will it void my extended warranty? What about adding a USB port?

And finally, the ECO on the dash panel for the fuel economy...what is this feature for?

I'm learning to like my Jeep, and I've been told that I will love it soon.

I've done a little research into enabling the blue tooth feature, and WOW, is it expensive!!!

Thanks for helping out this new Jeep gal!!

jeffswench is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2013, 08:28 AM   #2
eoerikson3
2011 KK Liberty 

I'll answer a few.
*The windshield and rear window washers share the same
fluid reservoir. The fluid reservoir is located in the front
of the engine compartment
*Spare tire can be lowered by opening the "hidden" floor
compartment. Turn the nut to lower it.
*The headlights come on automatically with the wipers.
That dims the dash lights. Wipers off then headlights are
off and the dash lights come back to normal brightness.
The turn signal/headlight stalk has a dimmer switch for
the dash lights if you want to adjust them.

I hope that helps.
Added tow hitch, tow hooks, skid plates, foglight kit and headlight masks, remote start, chrome steps, and Cooper Discoverer A/T3 235/75R16.
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f128/2008-2012-liberty-kk-electrical-parts-1517747/"]Stuff for sale[/URL]
eoerikson3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2013, 08:38 AM   #3
rescue575

2011 KK Liberty 

Learn something new every day on here. Never realized headlights went on when you use wipers. Cool to know.

As far as cigarette lighter, depending on how factory like you want to make it will determine how difficult of an install it is and where you want it to be. There have been a few threads on here and lost about how other people have installed them. I don't have any links handy from my phone but if ya have some time to search back on the threads you will find some extremely helpful and TEMPTING additions that you will want to make.

The Eco function on your instrument panel is a guide to let you know you are operating the vehicle in the most fuel efficient manner. I have noticed that if I am running under 2000-2200 RPM it is on. As soon as I go over that it is off. Obviously if you are heavy in your gas pedal this feature will never say "on" for you. Lol

Good luck and welcome to the forum.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Cobra 75, Firestik Door Jam Mount, HD Spring, 2Ft Firestik
Dunlop Fierce Attitude M/T
rescue575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2013, 10:32 AM   #4
Bmxer524
2011 KK Liberty 

So far everyone was correct in their answers, so I'm gonna add to them lol.

Traction control/esp uses your brakes to stop wheel spin and give power to the other wheel(due to our open diff). The grinding you hear is the brakes kicking in when a tire is spinning. Pressing the tcs button "turns it off". By that I mean it allows for more slip in the wheels before kicking in and when it does kick in, it is no where near as strong. When off you can actually overpower the tcs with the engine, but not as much as being entirely killed.
Bmxer524 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2013, 10:53 AM   #5
Drednot
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Heres the spare tire winch in action...

Drednot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2013, 06:36 AM   #6
lfhoward
2008 KK Liberty 

I added a second power outlet to mine, and it wasn't that difficult. Here it is with a USB charger in the socket. Very useful!

Here is the writeup I made on LOST in case you wanted to do it the same way.
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB...p?f=45&t=72386
Unread 02-15-2013, 07:27 AM   #7
jeffswench
2010 KK Liberty 

Thank you all for such quick and thorough replies!!

There must be something wrong with my rear washer, if they use the same reservior, because the front works great...the rear 'spits' a little on the windshield with nothing on the rear window. I will have the dealer check that out on my next visit.

I purchased a lifetime warranty through Chrysler for any 'non-wearable' part...I sure hope that was't wasted money!! It says it covers an aweful lot of parts, so maybe the washer is one of those.

I think I'm a little heavy on the gas pedal...the ECO hasn't come on, that I've noticed! lol! Will have to watch that!

The traction control is going to take some getting used to, especially here in the Michigan snow!

Thanks, again, for being so helpful!!! I'll be checking in here on a regular basis!!!
Unread 02-15-2013, 07:36 AM   #8
teckn9ne
2010 KK Liberty 

There is a switch by your front wiper that says rear u just turn rear on past all the way on and hold it 4 fluid 2 come out the longer u hold the more will spray.And i also got lifetime maxcare warranty going in today at 2 get the skreem/wcm replaced for silly clock malfunction i have used it few times 100 deductible is not bad for all the electronics in there alone i no with maxcare 98 percent time im covered.
Silverstar Headlights,Mopar Hitch,Mopar Tow Hook,Mopar Skids,Mopar Locking Lugs,Mopar Remote Start,Factory Sirius Radio,WeatherTech Digital Floor Mats,JCROffroad Stage 3 Sliders,Hankook DynaPro RF10 LT225/75/16,Diehard Platinum P1,JBA 5.5 UCA,OME HD,
teckn9ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2013, 08:48 AM   #9
Bmxer524
2011 KK Liberty 

With the storm we just had here in the Northeast, tcs wasn't too bad. If you only ran 2wd and kept it on it wouldn't do anything for taking off, but it helped keep you in line when the rear wanted to slide out. If you turned it "off"(like I did), taking off still sucked, but it let you over power it and kick the rear out a bit. I didn't notice a difference in 4high though. You actually had to try to make it kick in lol
Bmxer524 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2013, 06:56 AM   #10
jeffswench
2010 KK Liberty 

Rear wiper must have issues, because it won't even spit on the back window. Not a drop. Dealer/warranty issue for next week.

I paid attention to the ECO, and I'm not as much a leadfoot as I thought!! Hubby also reminded me that the dealership went over all the buttons and gadgets, including the traction control, I just didn't take notes!

teckn9ne, it's great to know that it's what it's sold as. I'm pretty loyal to my dealership, the service manager is honest and treats me pretty good. But, you gave me a better feeling about the warranty, as sometimes those things aren't all they're cracked up to be. So, as long as my Jeep will be in for an oil change and work on the rear washer, I'll inlcude the service bulletin about the clock and have them fix it all.

So glad I found this forum in my search!!!

Happy weekend!!
Unread 02-16-2013, 08:00 AM   #11
teckn9ne
2010 KK Liberty 

Just be sure maintenance done on time u will be happy i am with my servive contract.But now my suspenion not covered any more with new OME jba uca on but i can live with that only cost 1200 for the best upgrade u can do on the liberty Be sure u take all keys with u for tsb so u get them all programed.And welcome 2 the forums
Silverstar Headlights,Mopar Hitch,Mopar Tow Hook,Mopar Skids,Mopar Locking Lugs,Mopar Remote Start,Factory Sirius Radio,WeatherTech Digital Floor Mats,JCROffroad Stage 3 Sliders,Hankook DynaPro RF10 LT225/75/16,Diehard Platinum P1,JBA 5.5 UCA,OME HD,
teckn9ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2013, 10:43 AM   #12
carlosburitica
2010 KK Liberty 

Use a thin middle and unclog the holes, in the wiper washer nozzle. I had to do that on my zj and done in many friends cars on he past.
carlosburitica is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.