Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

New to the forum need some tips. 11 KK`

639 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  JeepN4KC 
#1 ·
Hey everyone,

I'm new to Jeep Forum though I've spent most my time reading and not to much writing. I have a 2011 Jeep Liberty Sport 4x4. I bought it new so I'm obviously a newbie here. I am coming up on 3k, but to be exact I'm at 2,996 miles. I've heard from some people that it is good and recommended to get an oil change every 3k. Should I follow that guideline or should I just put some more oil in it now and wait a few more miles???? (I have not got any warning lights yet on my dash either) By the way for the winter months what kind of oil should I use in my KK to keep it top condition??

Thanks !

#3 ·
You should use SAE 5w-20 regardless of season/temperature. You can go with synthetic if you want but it isn't necessary. I would just follow the schedule in the owner's manual as far as frequency of changes goes. I don't know what you mean by "put some more oil in it now and wait a few more miles????" but over filling oil will cause damage. A vehicle as new as yours should not be burning or leaking oil.

#4 ·
Hey everyone,

I'm new to Jeep Forum though I've spent most my time reading and not to much writing. I have a 2011 Jeep Liberty Sport 4x4. I bought it new so I'm obviously a newbie here. I am coming up on 3k, but to be exact I'm at 2,996 miles. I've heard from some people that it is good and recommended to get an oil change every 3k. Should I follow that guideline or should I just put some more oil in it now and wait a few more miles???? (I have not got any warning lights yet on my dash either) By the way for the winter months what kind of oil should I use in my KK to keep it top condition??
Thanks !
If you need to "add" oil to your rig - you have a bigger problem than a service interval schedule. Conventional or synthetic, your vehicle should get the oil your FSM says, period, regardless of season. If you expect these forums to teach you how to take care of your vehicle I would do alot more searching and reading before asking questions like that. Newbie or not, that is basic vehicle maintenance stuff.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.