New Bilsteins and Brakes - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > New Bilsteins and Brakes

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 12-26-2011, 03:20 PM   #1
Dave_B
2008 KK Liberty 

New Bilsteins and Brakes

Well I broke down and put new shocks and brakes all the way around today. Took about 4 hours, had to cut a ball joint nut off (rusted). I will definitely recommend the Bilsteins to everyone. You will not believe the ride quality and handling difference! AJUSA had 10% off and free shipping ( they are slow shipping however).

Brakes I went with Raybestos, also had a $15 a axle rebate on pads and $10 per rotor. I have just under 52,000 on the truck. The rears had about 3mm of pad left before hitting the noise maker. But Holy Crap the fronts were like NEW, only showed about 2mm of wear compared to the new pads. Hated to jerk the rotors and pads.

Next up, tires. Got a set of Pirelli Scorpion Verde's setting in the shop. I just ran out of beer, so I will have to mount them tomorrow after work.

Dave

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.