New Battery? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > New Battery?

ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail Spartan Locker Promo Running now @ ROCKRIDGE 4WD plus FREERough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 05-04-2013, 08:10 PM   #1
evans956

New Battery?

Hey all,

My 2009 KK has been doing some weird things lately. A few times my TPMS light went on and off. Lately it has not. Also recently I have my Abs light and trac control come on and went of after restarting . Also my jeep seems to have trouble accelerating. Could this be due to a weak battery? Original equipment still installed.

evans956 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-04-2013, 08:43 PM   #2
lfhoward
2008 KK Liberty 

My OE battery died on me over the winter (2008 KK), so your 2009 battery could be on its last legs too.
Unread 05-05-2013, 03:17 AM   #3
Gageraid
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfhoward View Post
My OE battery died on me over the winter (2008 KK), so your 2009 battery could be on its last legs too.
x2. Mine lasted just as long.
Gageraid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-05-2013, 08:18 PM   #4
BillyP

If your battery has been starting the Liberty it's not bad enough to be causing the problems you have been having.
BillyP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-05-2013, 08:26 PM   #5
evans956

Yea I had the voltage checked and the battery seems pretty good. Maybe it just needs new plugs. 82000 miles on it
Unread 05-05-2013, 09:38 PM   #6
tjkj2002
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by evans956 View Post
Yea I had the voltage checked and the battery seems pretty good. Maybe it just needs new plugs. 82000 miles on it
You should be getting ready for the 3rd plug change due at 90k,coppers only and change every 30k.Tkaes like 20mins to chnage the plugs in a Liberty.

A bad battery can cause funky issues in a Liberty,even ones that test good but none of your issues will be caused by a bad battery.Large temp changes are why your TPMS light goes on/off.Several issues can cause the ABS/trac lights to come off/on.Worn plugs can cause your acceleration issue alnog with several other maintenance items.
Unread 05-06-2013, 06:14 AM   #7
evans956

I bought the jeep used so I don't think the plugs have been changed. Bought it with 62k on probably just needs plugs wires look good

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.