New '10 Jeep Liberty Problems.....many - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > New '10 Jeep Liberty Problems.....many

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank Skid

Unread 12-11-2010, 08:58 PM   #1
CajunPatriot
2011 KK Liberty 

New '10 Jeep Liberty Problems.....many

Since I bought my new '10 Jeep Liberty Limited in mid Sept., its been back to the dealership 4 times and will be back in the shop for a fifth time come Monday. Three times for faulty Coils and will be in twice for faulty TIPMs. Are these vehicles that bad or do I have a potential lemon on my hands? I'm getting very impatient with this vehicle. I love this vehicle..........when it's working, but when do you draw the line on this?

CajunPatriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2010, 09:02 PM   #2
Nick_Knipp
1986 MJ Comanche 

thats weird, its brand new. maybe you should check for recalls while ur at it. liberties are pretty okay jeeps but they should last well when take care of right. if it keeps breaking try getting a warranty for it
'12 MK Sport 2.4L AT rescue green
Nick_Knipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2010, 09:51 PM   #3
richd
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunPatriot View Post
Since I bought my new '10 Jeep Liberty Limited in mid Sept., its been back to the dealership 4 times and will be back in the shop for a fifth time come Monday. Three times for faulty Coils and will be in twice for faulty TIPMs. Are these vehicles that bad or do I have a potential lemon on my hands? I'm getting very impatient with this vehicle. I love this vehicle..........when it's working, but when do you draw the line on this?
If this next visit doesnt fix your problem,then I would ask for a buy back.This doesnt sound good from the start so if it doesnt work out,Talk to your service manager and see if he can you help you with a buy back.I done this before with Chrysler so I know it can be done.
richd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2010, 05:42 AM   #4
CajunPatriot
2011 KK Liberty 

Well, I got her back but they must have had to re-program the transponder key because now my second key doesn't work. I can live with that until she breaks again.
Unread 12-16-2010, 01:46 PM   #5
09_Silver
2011 KK Liberty 

Every new vehicle I've bought has had one or two issues right off the bat that were a pain in the butt to get resolved, but once resolved they've been great. My 09 Liberty is included in that group. Most of the Jeep's issues have been with the sky slider roof (finally fixed now and it's great!). Just have some patience. It's a pain, but that's why you have a warranty. Too bad they're not all perfect from the factory.
Unread 12-16-2010, 07:32 PM   #6
CajunPatriot
2011 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09_Silver View Post
Every new vehicle I've bought has had one or two issues right off the bat that were a pain in the butt to get resolved, but once resolved they've been great. My 09 Liberty is included in that group. Most of the Jeep's issues have been with the sky slider roof (finally fixed now and it's great!). Just have some patience. It's a pain, but that's why you have a warranty. Too bad they're not all perfect from the factory.

Well, I've been driving new cars since 1981 and I've NEVER had this many problems with a vehicle. I love the Liberty but I don't love the constant pains with this Liberty. If it does get a Lemon status, I'd definitely get another Liberty.
Unread 12-18-2010, 04:24 PM   #7
armedsks
2009 JK Wrangler 

So far my wifes 08 has been great. Lately her TPMS light has come on and off a few times. I raised the TP up a couple of 2 PSI above sticker rating and it went away. That was 1000 miles ago. Now it keeps coming on and off from time to time. Going to have to let the dealer look at it when it comes up for next free oil change.

I hate those damn things. Seem like a service call waiting to happen. All because some people cant check there tire pressure from time to time.
armedsks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2010, 02:20 PM   #8
09_Silver
2011 KK Liberty 

yeah the problem with TPMS is they are not very accurate. I think they are +-4 psi. And I think if they read anything below 30psi they will turn on the warning light. So if your tires are at 33 it could potentially set off the warning light. I agree it's kind of a pain.
Unread 12-25-2010, 06:48 PM   #9
1979JeepCJ-5
1979 CJ5 

in my chevy colorado it reads like 30psi on the door sticker but i run the tires at 35 and have never had the tpms light come on in almost two years
1979JeepCJ-5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2010, 08:44 PM   #10
CajunPatriot
2011 KK Liberty 

Well.....it struck again. I'll be bringing her in yet again for the TIPM. This makes 6 trips to the shop in a little more than 4 months and the third time for the TIPM. I've added the time spent in the service dept. and it's up to 16 days cumulative so far. I hope they buy back or Lemon her so I can get another Jeep that will work. I'm getting tired of seeing that place.
Unread 12-26-2010, 08:53 PM   #11
tjkj2002
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunPatriot View Post
Well.....it struck again. I'll be bringing her in yet again for the TIPM. This makes 6 trips to the shop in a little more than 4 months and the third time for the TIPM. I've added the time spent in the service dept. and it's up to 16 days cumulative so far. I hope they buy back or Lemon her so I can get another Jeep that will work. I'm getting tired of seeing that place.
Not going to get lemon status for TPMS failures,cold weather plays hell with TPMS systems and every make and model regardless who makes it has the same issues with those systems.
Unread 12-27-2010, 04:32 AM   #12
CajunPatriot
2011 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjkj2002 View Post
Not going to get lemon status for TPMS failures,cold weather plays hell with TPMS systems and every make and model regardless who makes it has the same issues with those systems.
It's not the TPMS that's the problem.....it's the TIPM (Totally Integrated Power Module) that controls many electrical systems in our Jeeps.
Unread 01-10-2011, 06:15 AM   #13
CajunPatriot
2011 KK Liberty 

UPDATE:

The regional Manager for Chrysler called me and I'll be getting a new Jeep Liberty Limited. Even the Jeep engineers couldn't find a fix for her. He said going thru arbitration would just be a waste of our time. My redhead went down fighting that's for sure. Some paperwork needed to be filed so I hope I can get the new one sometime this week. He said 5 to 7 working days and he faxed in the papers last Tues.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.