In need of tires!!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > In need of tires!!!

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineGrizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 09-22-2012, 08:45 PM   #1
evans2130
2010 KK Liberty 

In need of tires!!!

I am in real need of some new tires. I am wanting a set that is a little aggressive looking like the cooper stt, toyo open country mt, tires that look like that. We use the jeep as a DD and we like to ride on logging rodes and trails and love to get out and play in the snow. I am running 265/70 16 at the moment but am thinking of a 31 10.50 size. The tires on it do not rub at all now and it doesnt have a lift. I am wanting to do a 2" lift in the next little bit. But anyway, can you guys give my some ideas on tires. I am so up in the air about which ones to go with I really like the toyo and I like the price on them better then any. I can get a set of Coope at3 for 610 mounted and balanced, but they are not the look I am wanting. Any input will be appreciated.

evans2130 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-22-2012, 11:09 PM   #2
Drednot
1991 YJ Wrangler 

http://tirecrawler.com/shop/detail_t...roduct_id=6716

265/70-16 is 30.6x10.4 but in a 16 as 15s probably won't clear your brakes
Drednot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-23-2012, 07:29 AM   #3
noblehouse
2009 KK Liberty 

The GY Duratrac's are a mean looking tire and do extremely well off or on road. They carry a 31 10.50
noblehouse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-23-2012, 04:33 PM   #4
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

Go any bigger and you'll want to regear as well
265-70s and no lift? bet the inner fenders are screaming all the time
Unread 09-24-2012, 12:57 AM   #5
Poncherello
2010 KK Liberty 

I would do the lift first, then figure on the larger tire. As Tomud, said you if you go bigger you may have to regear. Now as far as All Terrain tires, I heard good things about Duratraks, BFG's I think Cooper makes tire for BFG anyway Nitto make a cool tire, a co-worker has them on her Xterra and she said they're great. The Tirerack can also provide you with some review and pricing information.

Good luck
Unread 09-24-2012, 03:32 PM   #6
musclezmarinara
2012 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by noblehouse View Post
the gy duratrac's are a mean looking tire and do extremely well off or on road. They carry a 31 10.50
+10 for duratracs
Unread 09-24-2012, 03:35 PM   #7
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

over 47,000 on my 265-75-16 Duratracs and still have a lot of wear in them.
I'm one of those guys who switches tires every 20,000 or so to try something different or bigger
The Duratracs have done so well in so many different situations I just keep on running them!
Unread 09-25-2012, 01:01 PM   #8
evans2130
2010 KK Liberty 

I went with the Goodyear Wrangler authority. 245/75 16. I was previously running 255/70. At 165 a tire I couldnt pass it up. I got a few miles on them and so far really like em. I cant say I love em because Ive not had them long enough. THey handle great and have very little road noise. Thanks guys for the input and help. I will post pics in the owners thread. Cant wait to start modifying i.e. lift, push bar, ski rack and basket rack, fog lights, cb, and whatever else I can muster up lol.

Thanks again

I had stated they I was running 265 in my first post sorry, I had made a mistake, I didnt want to seem like a lier. LOL
Unread 09-27-2012, 11:51 AM   #9
ViktorMax
2010 KK Liberty 

For those who have switched to a bigger than stock tire size, did u have to reprogram any settings so your speedometer stays accurate?

Also, if u change tire size, does that throw off your gas mileage calculator?
ViktorMax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-28-2012, 08:47 PM   #10
evans2130
2010 KK Liberty 

i didnt change anyhting with the speedo and yeah you will get less mileage. With the new 245/75 I got 16 mpg. That is around town and one evening pulling a big load of wood. SO I guess thats not to bad....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.