Need some lifting advice please! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Need some lifting advice please!

TERAFLEX JKU 2.5" Elite LCG Long FlexArm Lift Kit w/ March Madness LOCKER SALE + FREE SHIPPING + $30-$50 REBATEFLASH SALE! Open thread to reveil the Newest Sale @ ROCKRI

Unread 03-28-2015, 05:11 AM   #1
justinbushwack

Need some lifting advice please!

Alrifht so I just got my first 2012 libby. It has a small spacer lift on with 245s. I Wana go a bit bigger so what's a good suspension setup for around 1k. Jba is out of the question that's not in the budget haha. Maybe the skyjacker lift and jba upper control arms? Any advice would be awesome! Thanks in advance

justinbushwack is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-04-2015, 09:14 AM   #2
Poncherello
2010 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinbushwack
Alrifht so I just got my first 2012 libby. It has a small spacer lift on with 245s. I Wana go a bit bigger so what's a good suspension setup for around 1k. Jba is out of the question that's not in the budget haha. Maybe the skyjacker lift and jba upper control arms? Any advice would be awesome! Thanks in advance
On past threads there is plenty of info. Check out Jeepinbyal- I went with OME springs and struts got 20k on them now and working great. Because your vehicle is lifted already if u go another 2" you may need to extend the sway bar links, brake lines and cvs.
Unread 04-04-2015, 11:57 AM   #3
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinbushwack View Post
You do realize JBA has many different lifts don't you?
Go OME for around 850, 2.5 inches of real lift over new stock height, no need for UCAs then if you don't want or need them.
If you want more lift than that easy to do and doesn't cost too much more

Skyjacker ?? No same spring rate as stock and does not hold up PLUS its no cheaper anyways
If you read what 99& of the people run on the KJs and KKs you'll see OME and / or Ironman combinations with some Bilstein shocks thrown in .
KJs and KKs share many of the same lift parts so you have basically 12-13 years of experience to go by
Unread 04-04-2015, 06:05 PM   #4
Bmxer524
2011 KK Liberty 

You need to ditch the spacer to get more. Run OME 927 front and 731 tears with your choice of shocks for 2.5" of lift. Add a 1/4" spacer plate to that for 3" then if you want more add a 3/8" Clevis and JBA a-arms for 3.5". In the rear add 1 extra upper isolator per side for 3" and 2 extra per side for 3.5". At most you're looking at around $1400 for 3.5".
Unread 04-05-2015, 07:57 AM   #5
rangerr47
2012 KK Liberty 

Your in a good spot, you have some lift so it cant be that big of a hurry to change...so save the cash if you dont have it and get the OME springs and your choice of shocks, you will never have to deal with it again more than likely. People have tried every combo and idea you can for these and OME is the one that most get to, Ironman would be next. You already have the spacer thing and see now you need more, which is ok. But dont repeat not being happy and needing to spend again to get it right.

I went with OME springs, Bilstein shocks, top plates and 2 isos in the back for 3 inches and could not be happier. Heck I even found a guy that got 2 sets of Als UCAs on accident and grabbed those as well for cheap and ended up around $1200 total for everything.
rangerr47 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.