Need to know what size tires to get - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Need to know what size tires to get

Toxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitZone Offroad - Jeep Forum Promotion

Unread Yesterday, 07:23 PM   #1
rehsomwerd
2008 KK Liberty 

Need to know what size tires to get

I just recently bought a 2" Daystar Lift. I have the stock tires on there which are 235/45/R16(I think). I have read in a few places that 245/75/R16 os the max you can fit. i have also read that people were putting 255/70/R16 and 265/75/R16. any help would be great. and when you did your lift did you have to change out your shocks?

rehsomwerd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread Yesterday, 07:43 PM   #2
lfhoward
2008 KK Liberty 

245/75/R16 is as big as you can go with a 2 inch lift, and it might rub as the spacer lift eventually causes your springs to sag. The people who run 265/75/R16 should have a 4 inch lift or else they had 3 inches and had to do some cutting and pounding of the pinch welds to make room. They also have lost a lot of power and gas mileage unless they regeared their differentials to 4.10 as well.

You will still need longer rear shocks with the Daystar. Once you get those, you are not too far away from what an OME full spring lift would have cost. The OME lift will ride so much better and last so much longer. The Daystar (or any spacer lift) will destroy your stock springs and shocks within a year and you'll sag back down to close to stock height after a while, and have a poor ride quality (both on road and off) the whole time. Consider returning the Daystar and getting OME.
Unread Yesterday, 07:47 PM   #3
rehsomwerd
2008 KK Liberty 

where can i find that OEM lift? and if i google "OEM Lift for Jeep Liberty" it will come up?
Unread Yesterday, 07:51 PM   #4
lfhoward
2008 KK Liberty 

The OME stands for 'Old Man Emu', which is an Australian company. Jeepin' By Al carries OME:
http://jeepinbyal.com/liberty-2008-2...ft-kit-kk.html
The advertised lift says 1.5 inches to comply with Australian lift laws, but in practice, people get 2.5 inches of lift from this kit.
Unread Yesterday, 07:55 PM   #5
rehsomwerd
2008 KK Liberty 

do you know how long for those rear shocks?
Unread Yesterday, 08:01 PM   #6
lfhoward
2008 KK Liberty 

I don't know off the top of my head, but here is a good thread about lifting KK's that probably has the answer. It's 3 pages, but worth the read because it compares different kinds of lifts and options but also has specific info like links and part numbers.
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB...p?f=88&t=79401
Unread Yesterday, 08:33 PM   #7
Boomer5

Isn't 265/70r16 another option that is equivalent to 245/75r16 without having to regear?
Boomer5 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread Today, 01:11 PM   #8
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer5 View Post
Isn't 265/70r16 another option that is equivalent to 245/75r16 without having to regear?
265-70-16 and 245-75-16s are about the same height overall
Just the 265-70-16s are wider
OP mentioned 265-75-16s which are 32 inch tall tires and require 4 inches of lift and at least 4.10s
Even with 245-75-16 / 265-70-16s people are regearing to keep some of the same overall gas mileage and power

Also to the OP if you haven't installed it, return the Daystar and or any spacer style lift, you'll be so much happier with a full coil springs replacement lift

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.