MyGig Dumping Songs - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > MyGig Dumping Songs

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 04-01-2011, 08:13 AM   #1
RedLibby
2008 KJ Liberty 

MyGig Dumping Songs

My wife's 2008 Liberty Limited is equipped with the MyGig System with navigation. A few months ago I uploaded about 20 CDs into the hard drive. When I went to drive the car a few weeks ago I uploaded a few more songs only to find that the 20 CDs I uploaded a few months back are completely gone. It did this once before when it was about a year old. The car is now out of warranty so I hate the thought of getting soaked by the dealer.

Has anyone else had this happen and if so, what seems to be the problem?

'10 Grand Cherokee Laredo, Quadra Trac I, Brilliant Black Clearcoat
RedLibby is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2011, 09:57 AM   #2
VMF
2008 KK Liberty 

nope, my wifes 08 liberty limited works just fine. btw i recommend getting extended warranty on the car, waaay too much electronic stuff in it and mygig alone is 800$ if you buy it on ebay
2004 UCF31. Black
2001 EM2. Inca pearl
2012 UD Limited. Royal Gray
VMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2011, 02:52 PM   #3
SuperRliBerty
2008 KK Liberty 

I had the similar problem... but it was "operator error"

First, if the mygig hard drive memory is "full", it will import music and pictures, but cannot save it.
To check the MYGIG hd: push the MENU button, touch MANAGE HD, touch DISPLAY HARDRIVE MEMORY, a few seconds later it will display the memory capacity. If it has less than gb of memory and the cd is 3gb, it obviously will not be saved. My hd memory is 15gb enough to hold 1,242 of my songs.

Second, Push MENU, touch SYSTEM INFORMATION, under GRACENOTE, it should say 834, under SOFTWARE it should say 9.235 ..... any low numbers and you are due an update.

Third, listen to your music files, touch MUSIC STYLES, touch ARTIST, then search for the artist you lost. Touch JUKEBOX and look for the cd of the artist that was lost.

If there is a problem with the mygig, it will display "ERROR". satan (dealer) want $195 to use the starcan machine to update the mygig.
Resonator removed (sounds like a V8 on start up)
SuperRliBerty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2011, 03:03 PM   #4
VMF
2008 KK Liberty 

http://mofv.com/mygig/ is the site i dloaded the sw update from. doing it is just as ez as dloading the update, burning it to the cd and inserting it into the slot. it takes 5-10 mins to update. idle the car and make sure u dont cut off the power while its doing it
2004 UCF31. Black
2001 EM2. Inca pearl
2012 UD Limited. Royal Gray
VMF is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.